General Corona Virus Discussion

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Newly reopened Fla. area seen as an emerging virus hotspot

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...a-seen-as-an-emerging-virus-hotspot/24318276/

China is seeing a second wave and they are not exactly being precise with death numbers......

Plenty of young people getting smoked too Uwe....but I agree this is destroying the Country.

They should just lock it all down and I mean everything, bring rations out to everyone keep power on with free net/cable and really lock it down or open it up and rip the band-aid off fast and let the ones who die go and continue to march, let the people vote on that choice too.

I'm not liking all this money being given to banks or business to keep employees on that wont have a job when this is over anyway, just pay the people unemployment or let uncle Sam cover the tab directly and do a marshal law draconian lock down if that's whats voted in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I'm not sure what the situation in the UK looks like at the moment, but in much of the US, testing capacity now exceeds demand by a substantial margin.
In the UK only a small number of specific groups can apply for a time slot at one of the geographically sparse testing stations - and even then some have arrived at location of the testing station to find it closed or not even there! Having been tested some are having to wait up to a week for test results, with the UK Government admitting that some test swabs have been flown to the US for testing due to insufficient capacity in the UK.

IMHO testing in the UK is currently a farce with politicians claiming it's getting better but the reality is far short of their claims.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Plenty of young people getting smoked too Uwe....but I agree this is destroying the Country.
No, not "plenty", a very, very few. Nor did any young people ever had strokes before this virus came, right? What we have there is fear-mongering anecdotes.

do a marshal law draconian lock down if that's whats voted in.
Why don't we round up all the [pick a minority group] and put them in concentration camps if that's what's voted in?

Could it be because we live in a constitutional republic that was specifically designed to protect people's rights from the current whims of the electorate?

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Why don't we round up all the [pick a minority group] and put them in concentration camps if that's what's voted in?

Didn't that happen here too already?

Do you really believe you have such rights or are they privilege's?

Isn't this really about rich cocksuckers that want to make a bottom line as always?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I wonder who gets to vicariously profit from the corn bread virus?

Yes, it did, but it was wrong then, and it would be wrong now.

-Uwe-

Of course it was wrong but it happened is my point.

I maybe bored to tears, however, I'm still not willing to sacrifice family or friends to something because I want go to the mall, a restaurant or massage.
The cost of this seems to be the main focus by the worried bankers or is it a plot to rob the poor bastards and now the non existent middle class too as a money asset grab?
Oh and I miss everyone too....well not everyone but some! :rolleyes:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
The Sydney Morning Herald said:
Australia has secured the support of the European Union's top foreign minister for an independent inquiry into the coronavirus, despite significant economic and diplomatic pressure from China.

After weeks of highly secretive negotiations, a vital European Union motion is set to be amended 48 hours before the World Health Assembly heads into a tense round of meetings.

Although not officially linked to Australia's call for a covid inquiry, China has slapped export bans on a bunch of our meat processing plants and there is a rumored huge tariff increase by China on our barley-grain shipments. I'm proud of Australia for standing firm in what is undoubtedly a David and Goliath battle over a reasonable proposal to examine the genesis for 4,801,875 confirmed cases and 316,671 deaths.

I understand from our news services, that USA is yet to support the inquiry before this evening's meeting of the World Health Assembly- I hope that this is just timing

Don

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...dependent-pandemic-probe-20200515-p54t9q.html

Mike R

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=126524

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Study claiming new coronavirus can be transmitted by people without symptoms was flawed
But the researchers didn’t actually speak to the woman before they published the paper. The last author, Michael Hoelscher of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich Medical Center, says the paper relied on information from the four other patients: “They told us that the patient from China did not appear to have any symptoms.” Afterward, however, RKI and the Health and Food Safety Authority of the state of Bavaria did talk to the Shanghai patient on the phone, and it turned out she did have symptoms while in Germany. According to people familiar with the call, she felt tired, suffered from muscle pain, and took paracetamol, a fever-lowering medication. (An RKI spokesperson would only confirm to Science that the woman had symptoms.)

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
More Outbreak at Nursing Homes!
The Fairfax County Department of Health said that 54 individuals had become ill with "respiratory symptoms ranging from upper respiratory symptoms (cough) to pneumonia" in the last 11 days at Greenspring Retirement Community in Springfield.
The assisted-living and skilled-nursing facility in Greenspring is home to 263 residents, Schwartz said. He said the two patients who died in the outbreak had been hospitalized with pneumonia but were "older individuals with complex medical problems."
Spoiler: Click here and have a look at the date on this article.

Oh and another.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Do we trust them now or did we trust them then? :rolleyes:
[h=1]CDC: Virus 'does not spread easily' on contaminated surfaces[/h]
I wonder if it no longer spreads easily that way because people are practicing much better hand hygiene now than they did early on?

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
This is real and I have a feeling schools are going to close in fall.

CDC shares new info on potential treatments for COVID-related illness in kids

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...s-for-covid-related-illness-in-kids/24366874/

I have a feeling that sleep + fasting + limited hydration with proper vitamins/sodium, may have a significant help in fighting this virus & giving the internal organs time to rest and repair?

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
This is real and I have a feeling schools are going to close in fall.
CDC shares new info on potential treatments for COVID-related illness in kids

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...s-for-covid-related-illness-in-kids/24366874/
Is it real? Probably. Is the number of cases significant? I don't see that. Kids do occasionally die of infectious diseases; it happens far less these days than it did 50 or 100 years ago, but it does happen. How many school-aged kids are there in NYC? Do you really think that 124 "suspected" cases in NYC and four deaths nation-wide warrant keeping the schools closed in the fall?

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Stats from Pennsylvania from a few days ago here

Salient points:
  • Pennsylvania has more COVID deaths over age 100 than under age 45.
  • More deaths over age 95 than under age 60.
  • More deaths over 85 than under 80.

-Uwe-

Back