Sticky How to get Verified

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is this where i go to get fully verified?
I see nothing in our customer records under the e-mail you used to join the forum, and the serial number you provided when you joined the forum appears to belong to someone else....?

-Uwe-

-Hostile-

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=520007
I see nothing in our customer records under the e-mail you used to join the forum, and the serial number you provided when you joined the forum appears to belong to someone else....?

-Uwe-
Can i send you a message? i might have used a different email for the forum

Sand Bag

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=523486
Hello, apparently I'm still unverified. What do I need to submit to become verified?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

boostboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
If your status is something other than a "Verified" user, that means we could not find you in our customer records when you joined the forum. This could be due to one of following:

1) You didn't give us enough information. Perhaps you didn't provide a serial number, or maybe you're using a different e-mail address than when you bought your system. If you bought your system directly from Ross-Tech, you should be in our records. In that case, please e-mail us (Sales@Ross-Tech.com) and we'll look into it.

2) You bought your VCDS system from one of our resellers and you haven't registered the product with Ross-Tech yet. In that case you are not in our customer records, and can't get verified until after you do register.
  • If you have one of our older interfaces (anything other than a HEX-NET or HEX-V2) then please fill out this form -- it's free! Also, please put "Please check my forum status" in the 'Notes or Special Instructions' field of the form.
  • If you have a HEX-NET, please register it as described in the video in this post.
  • If you have a HEX-V2, please register it as described in the video in this post.
3) You bought a second-hand system and aren't eligible for support. You can still post in the New User section of the forum, but you won't get posting access to most of the rest of the forum unless/until you elect to transfer ownership of that system into your name. You can do that here at a cost of $99.

4) You bought an illegally pirated VCDS system. In that case, you're not really welcome here unless/until you decide to buy a real one. :thanks:

-Uwe-
I bought mine but didn't include the info in the signup, didnt realize it was necessary, now I have no option to add it should I shoot an email?

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
I bought mine but didn't include the info in the signup,
where did you buy it?

What category above (1 ,2,3,4) do you believe is closest to your situation?

boostboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
where did you buy it?

What category above (1 ,2,3,4) do you believe is closest to your situation?
definitely #1, I didnt fill out those clauses because I was too lazy to grab my cable, I didnt realize it was necessary. I purchased mine from Ross-Tech directly a couple years ago

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
I would send them a email with all the necessary information , as you mentioned above, sales@ross-tech.com .
That process is all manually done, so it may take a day or two ; but you should be fine.

Antpngl2

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hi, I just submitted the form, but my interface does not have any short serial, instead, it has a serial number that I provided under the "Certificate Number:" input field. Cheers

• Wow
Reactions: Uwe

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
What is the number or (maybe) better post the interface photo here.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I purchased mine from Ross-Tech directly a couple years ago
Interesting, because none of the info you provided matches data from the person who purchased the cable you e-mailed a picture of. In addition, your incessant use of various VPN exit points makes me think you're hiding something, and that's why your posts have been queued for moderation before being visible.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
definitely #1, I didnt fill out those clauses because I was too lazy to grab my cable

giphy.gif

cristian.vrz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=445171
hello i sent an email to the address indicated for verification
thanks

boostboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
OK, I found you. You joined the forum a few days before you became a registered user. Now:

hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-
Hey ive sent an email as well, still havent gotten verified. I need some help from people experienced with VCDS so hoping to get verified asap. thanks

boostboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
Interesting, because none of the info you provided matches data from the person who purchased the cable you e-mailed a picture of. In addition, your incessant use of various VPN exit points makes me think you're hiding something, and that's why your posts have been queued for moderation before being visible.

-Uwe-
just saw this reply. I do use a vpn regularly for my computer use. This is normal practice in the IT world, but I am the one who purchased the cable. Again, when signing up for this forum I did not realize that the forum credentials would be important to verifying my account so I made up a username. Regardless I can provide any information that is necessary, I am a long time customer of ross-tech since my first audi, the A7 now I have an S6 and I am still using VCDS, my cable has never been sold and I am the original purchaser

ivorocio

Reaction score
Hi Uwe.
I am writing you because still i see this message even that i received email that i am verified . This is the message that i see above: our registration is currently under review. During this process you will not be able to create a thread. Verification is processed by a human and may take up to one business day.

Please help me .
Thank you
Have a nice day

Ivo Simjanoski

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hey ive sent an email as well, still havent gotten verified.
And it has been answered. We cannot find either the e-mail address or your name in our customer records. Please e-mail us the serial number shown on the About screen in your VCDS.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I am writing you because still i see this message even that i received email that i am verified .
I doubt that e-mail states that you are "Verified". More likely, "registered". But feel free to post the exact text here.

In any case, we have nobody matching either your name or your e-mail address in our customer records. Please see the first post of this thread.

-Uwe-

Back