VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Color me skeptical that this ruling will stand. How long will the punitive actions continue? It seems to me that the slap has been made, VW has complied, its time to move on. Destroying a business over this is not in the best interest of the world. Too many jobs are on the line. In a world that wants all employed at a reasonable salary and all that, businesses must exist to employ those people. What good does it do to destroy one of the largest employers outside of governments - who by the way have unending revenue... but that is another matter for another day..

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Color me skeptical that this ruling will stand. How long will the punitive actions continue? It seems to me that the slap has been made, VW has complied, its time to move on. Destroying a business over this is not in the best interest of the world. Too many jobs are on the line. In a world that wants all employed at a reasonable salary and all that, businesses must exist to employ those people. What good does it do to destroy one of the largest employers outside of governments - who by the way have unending revenue... but that is another matter for another day..
Bruce

The entire Diesel-gate thing is so personal to me & on so many levels.

I feel like I was the only one saying anything on behalf of independent repair stations!

That's my life.......often dismissed!
I wish "Peaches" & "Johann" were still alive!

I didn't sell back or take money from class action, not one penny!

I'm still very angry though ......VERY!
I'm extremely focused with that anger too toward saving "useful" lives!

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I would like to see the other auto makers who 'somehow' met the diesel emissions levels being looked at more closely - some have been found to have used their own 'cheats' and I find it difficult to believe that the remaining auto makers were so much cleverer that they didn't need to cheat :confused:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I would like to see the other auto makers who 'somehow' met the diesel emissions levels being looked at more closely - some have been found to have used their own 'cheats' and I find it difficult to believe that the remaining auto makers were so much cleverer that they didn't need to cheat
Monumental Complicity!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It is unclear why Mr. Eiser went to Croatia, where he was no longer protected by German law. American authorities have often demonstrated their ability to track the movements of people sought by U.S. officials.
Yeah, why would he leave Germany, where as a German citizen, he's protected from extradition?

And I bet he was carrying his cell phone. :facepalm:

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Because he is German and thinks he is smarter than everyone else?

Anyone have any idea where that comes from? I'm German and don't think I'm that smart, I'm just smart enough to know my limitations.:rolleyes:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
That's right, I am the real Isreal as Israel of Germany by default happy day camps and all.

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
https://europe.autonews.com/environmentemissions/france-creates-agency-detect-emissions-fraud

French "FRY" is coming!

France creates agency to detect emissions fraud. PARIS -- France has created a new transport inspection agency to help detect emissions fraud, following an EU directive issued in the wake of Volkswagen Group's diesel scandal. ... Prior to the new directive, type approvals were the responsibility of national authorities.

French-Fries-750x420.jpeg

https://www.just-auto.com/comment/welcome-back-dieselgate-the-week_id196190.aspx

Welcome back Diesel Dyke........... :p

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...aided-german-diesel-cheating-probe/112050064/

[h=1]VW, Continental offices raided in German diesel-cheating probe[/h]

German police raided offices of Continental AG and Volkswagen AG on Wednesday in an investigation related to the 2015 emissions-cheating scandal.
Continental sites in Hanover, Frankfurt and Regensburg were searched, a spokesman for the automotive supplier said by email. The investigation relates to devices used on diesel engines to bypass emissions tests.
Continental is fully cooperating with authorities, the spokesman said, declining to comment further, citing the ongoing investigation.
Offices of Volkswagen were also raided, a spokesman for the company said, declining to comment further. The scandal has cost the world’s biggest carmaker more than 30 billion euros ($34 billion).
The raids come nearly five years after the start of the diesel scandal that enveloped Volkswagen and much of the German automotive industry. Continental said in 2015 it had never delivered software to clients intended for cheating, and the company reiterated that statement on Wednesday.
Continental fell 3% as of 4:55 p.m. in Frankfurt. Volkswagen shares declined 1.1%.
While Volkswagen has been the focus for most of the investigation, suppliers have also been affected. Robert Bosch GmbH, the world’s largest car-parts maker, in May agreed to pay 90 million euros to end a probe into its activities supplying control devices for rigged diesel engines. The company has faced similar claims related to software supplied to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV.
Bosch supplied the engine-control device for the 2.0-liter diesel motor at the heart of Volkswagen’s diesel scandal. Continental delivered components for a smaller version of that engine, which was sold in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back