Sticky How to get Verified

Patman

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=411999
My e-mail problem has been solved and i got your Forum Account Validation mail, so i reset my e-mail to my primary mail account
Now i would like to be verified ... do your magic Uwe :D

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
My e-mail problem has been solved and i got your Forum Account Validation mail, so i reset my e-mail to my primary mail account
Now i would like to be verified ... do your magic Uwe :D
Done!

-Uwe-

RSEN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=189030
Hi Uwe,

I have registered my product with the certificate in the box and I have registered at the forum but no joy with the Verified User. If you could point me in the right direction as I believe I have followed all the instructions given.

Many thanks
Rich

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If you could point me in the right direction as I believe I have followed all the instructions given.
It seems you found the correct direction already.

hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-

AlAdrian

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=415320
Test... I thought I registered my HEX-V2 a couple days ago.. entered my serial number... but I'm still not verified I guess?
3Vin system bought in The Nethelands. Registered.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Test... I thought I registered my HEX-V2 a couple days ago.. entered my serial number... but I'm still not verified I guess?
3Vin system bought in The Nethelands. Registered.
You are Verified now. :cool:

-Uwe-

the schmallfella

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
hex7386-015f9d-a19b40-e20615-sikahh-570d
Hi,

I've just joined the world of Ross Tech, I'm waiting to be verified but in the meantime I thought I'd say hello! Looking forward to lots of head scratching and advice! Regards, Luke.

flying banana

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=411843
Hi there, I bought a hex-v2 interface from Gendan in the UK and registered it correctly AFTER setting up my online account, using the same email address. I did put the details in the registration form, but I'm still unverified. May I humbly ask for verification please? Many thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi,

I've just joined the world of Ross Tech, I'm waiting to be verified but in the meantime I thought I'd say hello! Looking forward to lots of head scratching and advice! Regards, Luke.
The serial number in your profile is from a 3-1/2 year old version of VCDS and a pirated clone interface. That's not going to get you Verified. ;)

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi there, I bought a hex-v2 interface from Gendan in the UK and registered it correctly AFTER setting up my online account, using the same email address. I did put the details in the registration form, but I'm still unverified. May I humbly ask for verification please? Many thanks.

hyIkMdp.jpg

-Uwe-

DetachedOdin350

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=407319
Morning,

i thought i had followed the correct steps to become verified but it seem i haven't could you point me in the right direction please?

the schmallfella

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
The serial number in your profile is from a 3-1/2 year old version of VCDS and a pirated clone interface. That's not going to get you Verified. ;)

-Uwe-

I wasn't aware that I had bought something that was cloned, the seller said it was a genuine VCDS and module! I do apologise, looks like I've been duped.

Reactions: Uwe

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
the seller said it was a genuine VCDS and module!
If you bought it on a credit card you should claim the cost back from the credit card company, if you bought it on an auction site you need to open a grievance or if you bought it locally you should involve whatever is the Irish version of Trading Standards.

the schmallfella

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
If you bought it on a credit card you should claim the cost back from the credit card company, if you bought it on an auction site you need to open a grievance or if you bought it locally you should involve whatever is the Irish version of Trading Standards.

:thumbs:Thanks.

bassmonster

Reaction score
If your status is something other than a "Verified" user, that means we could not find you in our customer records when you joined the forum. This could be due to one of following:

1) You didn't give us enough information. Perhaps you didn't provide a serial number, or maybe you're using a different e-mail address than when you bought your system. If you bought your system directly from Ross-Tech, you should be in our records. In that case, please PM me and I'll look into it.

2) You bought your VCDS system from one of our resellers and you haven't registered the product with Ross-Tech yet. In that case you are not in our customer records, and can't get verified until after you do register.
  • If you have one of our older interfaces (anything other than a HEX-NET or HEX-V2) then please fill out this form -- it's free! Also, please put "Please check my forum status" in the 'Notes or Special Instructions' field of the form.
  • If you have a HEX-NET, please register it as described in the video in this post.
  • If you have a HEX-V2, please register it as described in the video in this post.
3) You bought a second-hand system and aren't eligible for support. You can still post in the New User section of the forum, but you won't get posting access to most of the rest of the forum unless/until you elect to transfer ownership of that system into your name. You can do that here at a cost of $99.

4) You bought an illegally pirated VCDS system. In that case, you're not really welcome here unless/until you decide to buy a real one. :thanks:

-Uwe-
Hello.

I registered my vcds lite but it's still not doing what my normal vcds should do. How do I get it fixed.

Alkibir

Reaction score
Hello.

I registered my vcds lite but it's still not doing what my normal vcds should do. How do I get it fixed.
I would like top know why Mr Uwe considers that a second hand version of VCDS is not eligible for support. Originally the previous owner had support. Sold the program because he no longer needs it so now the second owner has no right of support?
That is like buying a car with garantee, selling it within the garantee and now the second owner looses its garantee because he bought it sesond hand? C'mon?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
VCDS Lite has much less functionality than VCDS, so there will be many things that VCDS can do which VCDSLite cannot.

What exactly do you think VCDS Lite isn't doing that VCDS does?

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
I'm more curious as to why someone with VCDS is also paying to register VCDS Lite...

Alkibir

Reaction score
Just to elucidate a few characters here you must be very rich and don't understand why some people buy the lite version or do not understand why they cannot register it.

Some os ud out here in the world, were born poor. We buy cars cheap cause we cannot afford better more expensive ones. Any money we have is earned hard. Some of us earn only 2.5 an hour and to be able to pay a 10000 euro car we get a credit and spend 6 years or more paying for it. When it breaks down we try to work mor hours or get second jobs. We try to repair the cars ourseves to save paying 10 times as much to somebiody who then only rips you off and always lleaves something so that you are forced to go back. These are deshonest mechanics. Professionals with credentials who are unscroupulous.
If you are all rich or have a pappy who pays your luxuries fine. But have mor complacency for those out here, whom you do not know at all, never met and never paid their bills before you critizise, block, refuse information. This world runs better when we give a little love, inequivocal love and help.
I personally came here for help. I have just been blocked on my own article. How sad. I find a lot of selfish people in here playing police. Guys, guys, switch off your computers and do something constructive in life. Take the dog for a walk, go help your wife with the kids, or just go out and enjoy the fresh air.

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
Just to elucidate a few characters here you must be very rich and don't understand why some people buy the lite version or do not understand why they cannot register it.

<Snip>

I can't see how big it is, but I can sense there's a chip on your shoulder...

Regarding your issue with the license of your second hand VCDS which you bought apparently from someone else who had it registered. Why do you think you suddenly become a Ross Tech customer by proxy, just because you bought something? If you bought your car second hand would you also expect the original owner to pass on to you the insurance cover he paid for? Or if you bought a tv and the previous owner had paid for cable tv to watch on it, would you expect to also watch the channels he paid for?

No, I didn't think so.

If and when you're a Ross Tech customer (a genuine one who actually paid them for their product) then you'd have the right to complain about how they treat you. But here's the thing, if you WERE a Ross Tech customer you'd have nothing to complain about.

Was there anything else you needed? ;)

Back