Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Courtesy of Thin Air Productions (http://www.thinairproductions.com/home):

A DOSE OF HUMOR FOR YOUR DAY
26341c90-1ada-44a0-8a70-880916ded7e6.png

A man is flying in a hot-air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man below. He lowers the balloon some more and shouts, "Excuse me! Can you tell me where I am?"​

The man below says: "Yes, you're in a hot-air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field."​

"You must be an engineer," says the balloonist.​

"I am," replies the man. "How did you know?"​

"Well," says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but it's no use to anyone."​

The man below says, "You must be in management."​

"I am," replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"​

"Well," says the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were before we met, but now it's my fault."

To your success,
Mark Phillips

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Pinocchio, Snow White and Superman are out for a stroll in town one day.

As they walk, they come across a sign: "Beauty contest for the most beautiful woman in the world."

"I am entering" said Snow White.

After half an hour she comes out and they ask her, "Well, how did you do?"

"First Place," said Snow White.

They continue walking and they see a sign: "Contest for the strongest man in the world."

"I'm entering," says Superman.

After half an hour he returns and they ask him, "How did you make out?"

"First Place," answers Superman. "Did you ever doubt?"

They continue walking when they see a sign: "Contest! Who is the greatest liar in the world?"

Pinocchio says "this is mine."

Half an hour later, he returns with tears in his eyes.

"What happened?" they asked.

"Who the hell is Hillary Clinton?" asked Pinocchio.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel!

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Wait, you sat 9' away from your 19" B&W TV? :confused:

dafrazi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=173774
I sat 10' away from my 13" B&W TV that required pliers to change the channel. :thumbs: I was happy to have it.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Yesterday i visited VW dealer with questions for internship and etc.... . - Not important.
While talking and when he introduced me to electrician who was currently working with Golf 7, it had some issues with golf7 radio going dim at some random times, he asked what can i do? I explained that i also repair VW-s and retrofit some stuff. When asked do you read the local VW site i was basically stopped from talking any further and i was told and i quote: "Real VW guy doesn't read forums and does everything itself" - Funny :D

Also while talking i was given to understand that any sort of tuning and upgrading a VW is wrong in their eyes. They mentioned also that when someone comes in with a talk, that they read it from forum, they will become angry. At some point at talk they got very amazed when they talked about "special programs for VW" and i mentioned ODIS and i knew what i was talking about. Where i know about ODIS, was their question.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
LMFAO.............

I guess we will see many more of those stickers after the campaigns are done, or when AFT tuners get their "vaj jay jay" plugged/punched with a fist.

Does it hurt does it hurt?

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
A reader's comment in the NYTimes:

"Republican candidates are competing for the coveted position of being the hardest on women. They want them invaded, probed, and psychologically tormented for daring to exercise their right to an abortion.

They are having none of it, not abortion, not contraception, not gay marriage, nothing that involves sex.

Their religion tells them that everything below the belt is the devil's playground. They're so preoccupied by that region that we need a name for this combination of fundamentalist fervor and fear of the naughty bits. I'm suggesting Evangenitals."

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Let me know when I can drive an electric car 600 miles (1000 km) essentially non-stop (only two quick bathroom breaks) as I did today. Oh, and I still have 100 miles of range left before I have to get more juice. :p

Not a problem: :p

1198775319.jpg

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not a problem: :p

1198775319.jpg
Actually, I really like that concept. I've said this numerous times: Electric cars should have their charging ports centered on the rear of the car. Then you could use a towable diesel generator for long trips, effectively turning the car into a series hybrid. It wouldn't take a huge generator either; 25 kW would probably do for a Tesla. You'd also have the added benefit of having a dandy backup generator for your house.

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
The more I see what VAG is offering here, the more attractive an electric car becomes. If they're not going to let us shift our cars anymore, why not just go with electric?

Back