Mind your...

Screenshot-20211218-190629.jpg

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
A place to put random oddball stuff..... no need to reply to anything posted... but feel free to add content (and back story if needed).

gQmhXt0.jpg
damn he wants a lotta moola. Sold mine for cca 230 USD

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Duck and cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20211219163250-633c055f.jpg

That photo brings back memories of the 60's when we had drills at school for the missiles we expected at any time. It was the height of the cold war.. The air raid sirens would go off and then we had the drill - duck and cover in the basement of the school.

Thanks for the memory?? !!

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Guy called this morning @ 10:00 ish
Him: Good morning sir , i think that my audi a4 2004 needs a key reprogramming?!?!
Me: what it's the problem sir?
Him: well..it doesn't open the car from remote neither from the door lock or trunk ...
Me : hmm..curious thing..are you sure sir?
Him : yes yes, it needs reprogramming for sure...it worked yesterday
Me : Sir, the door and the trunk locks cannot forget the cut blade key ,do you happen to have another owner of a VW /Audi car in your household ?
Him: yes yes , my wife has an audi a3 2004 ..
Me; sir, take the "other" car's key and go try it on your car !
(fumbles over the phone , asks wife where is "her" car key and sends her to go and try the other key... 1 minute later is laughing like a dumb crazy guy and I can hear his wife cursing the crap out of him calling him stupid and stuff...)
Him: sir, we are stupider than stupid, have a nice day !
Me: happy holidays sir !

So.......

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
do you happen to have another owner of a VW /Audi car in your household ?
Uhm, yeah. More than one.

...Which is is why at Ross-Tech, every key is required to have a tag on it describing the car it belongs to, like this:

KeyTags.jpg

And now that I think of it, I'm kicking myself for not having included a few of those in a certain package.. :facepalm:

-Uwe-

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
i would put the license plate number on it rather than year and model ..., avoids confusions :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
i would put the license plate number on it rather than year and model ..., avoids confusions
I disagree. That would require people to remember the license plate numbers. I think asking for the key for for the 2019 A6 is a lot clearer than asking for the key for KBW-1378.

-Uwe-

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I disagree. That would require people to remember the license plate numbers. I think asking for the key for for the 2019 A6 is a lot clearer than asking for the key for KBW-1378.

-Uwe-
i agree to disagree sir though i see your better judgement on this matter. However, what if you had 2-3 2019 a6 's in Rosstech 's parking lot ? i would think that there will be cars for testing/delopment of vcds there no?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
what if you had 2-3 2019 a6 's in Rosstech 's parking lot
Yes, in that case, your suggestion would make sense. However, since we do not sell cars, there is no benefit for us to have more than one of any given make/model/year. What we strive for is to have as many different VW/Audi cars as possible at our disposal to test things on. :)

-Uwe-

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Yes, in that case, your suggestion would make sense. However, since we do not sell cars, there is no benefit for us to have more than one of any given make/model/year. What we strive for is to have as many different VW/Audi cars as possible at our disposal to test things on. :)

-Uwe-
well sir then thank you for your great wisdom and allowing me to hang in there by a thread of rope in somewhat agreeing with me ( it could be bad for me if the big boss doesn't agree ) :thanks:

• Haha
Reactions: Uwe
Back