2016 Golf R no start, multi malfunctions-no communication

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@racofuy: hmm.......... interesting question - thanks for asking

I've not encountered this problem in the past, but here's the general circuit arrangement for J329 on a MQB platform car (J519=BCM):
35cbG35.png

and here's where the J329 relay is physically fitted on a RHD car (this is for an Aussie mk7 Golf):
onQmWQU.png

R4=J329

If you unplug R4 and look at the underside, this is how the terminal numbers align with the "circuit arrangement" in my first picture.
ch-relay-switch-diagram-google-search-electrical-with-regard-to-bosch-4-pin-relay-wiring-diagram-jpg.1715109582

• 86=wire to BCM (coil)
  • 85=Earth (coil)
  • 30=T30
  • 87=T15

So - to force a T15 state, remove R4 and using a short wire, connect the points 30 and 87 on the fuse-block (take care NOT to connect to the other 2 x points)

Don
PS: I'm not sure if forcing a T15 state will wake-up the door modules to enable the car's "fast-glass" to operate!! Please advise result

Last edited:

racofuy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=197081
Thanks for replying, the relay in the car is not marked as 30 & 87, rather 3 & 5.
But yes I bridged terminals 30 & 87 to bypass the relay but am not able to raise the windows.

Problem is the car is outside so would be ideal to get the windows up, complicated more by being a keyless car.

Zeljo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=123505
Can someone point me in direction where to find who can clone bad ECU to good used ECU for 2016 Golf R ??

EuroX

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208579
I don't mind assisting. However if you have multiple modules that aren't talking cloning the ecu will not resolve your issue. Have we verified the basics?? Fuses for ECM? Latching relays?? Battery voltage is above 12V???

Reactions: Uwe

Zeljo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=123505
UPDATE: complete wiring harnesses with fuse boxes installed from running donor Golf R and still same exact issues and no comms with same modules so its not wiring or fuses. Also tried transfering ECU, Acess start, key, cluster, kessy,BCM from RUNNING donor R and still exact same issues. Any help or suggestion is appreciated

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
UPDATE: complete wiring harnesses with fuse boxes installed from running donor Golf R and still same exact issues and no comms with same modules so its not wiring or fuses. Also tried transfering ECU, Acess start, key, cluster, kessy,BCM from RUNNING donor R and still exact same issues. Any help or suggestion is appreciated
So in the first sentence you suggest it's not wiring or fuses, but in the second sentence you say a setup working in the donor doesn't work - surely this means that it must be something in the recipient car i.e. wiring or fuses? IMHO most likely something either isn't connected or is connected to the wrong place (maybe switched power instead of permanent power?).

Zeljo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=123505
So in the first sentence you suggest it's not wiring or fuses, but in the second sentence you say a setup working in the donor doesn't work - surely this means that it must be something in the recipient car i.e. wiring or fuses? IMHO most likely something either isn't connected or is connected to the wrong place (maybe switched power instead of permanent power?).

Double checked all the connections and all good. Where should i look when you say switched power vs. permanent power connectors???
Even with Terminal 15 jumped i got no comms with modules in Running gear can bus, if one of those running gear modules is faulty would it cause all the modules to loose comms and how do i isolate which one is faulty if thats the case ???

Zeljo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=123505
i dont have wirring diagram but i double checked all the plugs and everything is connected where it should be

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423

Zeljo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=123505
i get that but i didnt cut or splice any wiring, just removed complete wiring harness from donor to my vehicle, i dont want to say its dummy proof but its pretty straight forward plug ins, unless you re thinking something else and i m not getting it.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
In transferring the harness from the donor vehicle it will have been disturbed in order to fit it in, so any poor or weak connections could have been worsened possibly to the point of failure - the point is don't assume that the transplanted harness is in good condition just because it was OK when in the donor vehicle.

• Agree

Zeljo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=123505
UPDATE: finally figured out the problem, steering rack was bad had short in it and it was causing all the faults, COMPLETELY disconnected it: positive, ground and plug and car started and everything is communicating.

Back