khaledabdulaziz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=394371
Hello all,
Don't know if this the right section for what I'm asking
In our market we always need to change ecu's, cloning them and transfering maps from old ECU to a new ECU, so yesterday I had a caddy 2009 with 1.9 engine, I replaced old ECU with new one which is originally for an automatic gear, i read old ECU and write it to the new ECU but car didn't start, so I wrote back the original file and did immo off and car starts but car has weak boost.
My question is how to know if an ECU is suitable for a specific car and how it know if specific software is good for specific ECU, is there a way to know that before reading and cloning?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Moved to General VW/Audi Repair.

-Uwe-

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
errr...didn't we talked about this in your other thread ??
Post an autoscan with this week boost problem

khaledabdulaziz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=394371
errr...didn't we talked about this in your other thread ??
Post an autoscan with this week boost problem
This is another car my friend, pretty much the same problem, ended up getting same ECU as the original ECU and immo off and everything is fine, but if you may guide me how do you know which ECU is suitable for a specific car, I'm asking in general

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
I usually swap things with same part number ( they might need coding /flashing/cloning or whatever, but the part number must be the same or updated ) , google is your friend

khaledabdulaziz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=394371
I usually swap things with same part number ( they might need coding /flashing/cloning or whatever, but the part number must be the same or updated ) , google is your friend
I have Google, partslink24, and you guys 😇😁
Thanks for advice guys

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
Fixed that for you. ;)

-Uwe-
Well really partslink24 is not my friend..friends don t ask for money to hang out with them . The "other" guy mentioned is cool and we hang out together for free :)

EuroX

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208579
If you can read flash and eeprom then I dont see a problem. Flash original flash to donor ecu and flash eeprom as well. eeprom stores relevant immo data. I would assume the ecu you have are both same part number and so on. I would think this is the best way for success. However other ecu part numbers may wok it depends on the layout the of the rom of the ecu. Just about any ecu will talk on a bench via k line or can using indentify feature in vcds can tell you loads about the ecu software and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back