USB-C Cables

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Contact your local VCDS distrib in Romania, they should be able to help.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
No spam intended.... BUT still, where can we get the OEM type-C cable from Europe? 🙂 Thanks!
Not many distribs have started stocking these. They have been available for over 2 years now. There are a few distribs in Europe who do have stock. You'll have to check around to see who.

As @Sebastian said, contact your local distrib. They can get them in. We have plenty available.

Reactions: Uwe

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Auto-Intern and ccd car diagnostics also since day 1 in germany

TTT

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=547002
Hm, I don’t yet have a new laptop but I think this cable might come handy. Distributors in NL seem to have stock.

esteticu

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=520918
Auto-Intern and ccd car diagnostics also since day 1 in germany

Thanks for the tip, just ordered from Auto-Intern, Aspad in Romania doesn't seem to have it.

PS: hope it has a nice Ross-Tech imprint, otherwise it's a very expensive USB cable 😁

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
PS: hope it has a nice Ross-Tech imprint, otherwise it's a very expensive USB cable 😁

It is custom made to our specifications. It has the screw lock of our other usb wire. It does have marks for our brand.

You can use another wire if you so choose. We do not force your hand.

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
Thanks for the tip, just ordered from Auto-Intern, Aspad in Romania doesn't seem to have it.

They have handmade by Bruce.... If iam right he's doing after 5pm with a Beer any during BBQ :D

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
They have handmade by Bruce.... If iam right he's doing after 5pm with a Beer any during BBQ :D
If only..

For medical reasons, I am not permitted any alcohol for the last 6 months and going on for another 6 months at least... wait, it gets worse - no coffee, tea, fruit juice, soda, and the list goes on... I looked at the doc and said, "So what - I need to be dead? No beer? No coffee? How the hell do I survive that?" The answer: I have become even more grumpy than I was before! Watch out, the bear paw does not have much patience/tolerance these days! Big oaw whacks can be expected...

I have to admit, I am feeling better on my water diet.. and I do cheat - I have a cup or two of coffee each morning. Else I could not get started.

The wires are not made by bears sitting on tractors in the evening. They are made in the same factory in Taiwan where all our wires are made.

esteticu

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=520918
You can use another wire if you so choose. We do not force your hand.

We want to support you, obviously 🙂 Romania is doing a lot of harm with the clones already, so... a drop in the ocean.

It does have marks for our brand.

Perfect! I love "free" merchandise!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Romania is doing a lot of harm with the clones already
There are countries that are much worse than Romania for that. ;)

-Uwe-

TTT

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=547002
Hm, I don’t yet have a new laptop but I think this cable might come handy. Distributors in NL seem to have stock.

Cable received, shocked, it is USB-A. I say ok, maybe I did something wrong, back to their website, photo shows an USB-C cable. Nevertheless, this usb-A cable does not resemble the genuine one I already have, at least for the nice touch of having a wrap band for, nee hoor, it's a simple plastic wrap wire.

Photo from the website.

Mixed feelings between letting this go and do something else or make a big fuzz about, which probably has no sense. New learn moment, he?

usbc_b-228x228.jpg

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Cable received, shocked, it is USB-A. I say ok, maybe I did something wrong, back to their website, photo shows an USB-C cable.
Sounds like somebody sent the wrong thing. The text on that page doesn't specify USB-A or USB-C, but the picture is clearly C. I'd call 'em and say, "Hey, you sent me the wrong one!" :)

-Uwe-

TTT

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=547002
Yeah, seems that there was no stock anymore. Disappointing. Something else if you don't mind, are genuine spare cables usb-b to usb-a delivered without the Ross-Tech velcro? How about USB-C then? I see pictures of other distributors claiming genuine products but no velcro, while on ross tech store shows with?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
The distributor is free to decide if they want the Ross-Tech velcro. Ross-Tech does not require that they use our velcro straps. We think it to be a good idea but others are given the freedom to represent the wire as they choose.

Reactions: TTT

PhilM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357750
Just picked one up for my Hex V2 from Gendan in the UK. Great stuff. Can just about fit the interface + USB-A and USB-C cables in my storage case.

Now Ross-Tech, since the iPhone 15 and many iPads etc support USB-C, let's make VCDS-Mobile app work with the Hex V2s plugged in via USB-C pretty please!
I dislike Wifi a lot, and wouldn't like to code a car over it, so Hex-Net is out for me, I love my Hex V2 and would love to use something a bit more portable for general scans etc!

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
There are plenty of Windows tablets on the market that could provide "something a bit more portable for general scans etc!"

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
let's make VCDS-Mobile app work with the Hex V2s
VCDS-Mobile is software that runs in a HEX-NET and the user interface is browser based, meaning it's completely platform independent. The iPhone "app" is just a something that helps locate the HEX-NET on your network and uses the webview function to display the data that the web server in the HEX-NET delivers. VCDS-Mobile does not require an "app" at all. If you know the HEX-NET's IP address, you can just point a web browser to it and use it on any device, no matter what OS that device runs.

The HEX-V2 does not have the hardware needed to run VCDS-Mobile.

-Uwe-

PhilM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=357750
Ah, makes sense! I thought maybe it operated like a USB version, where it just used WIFI to transfer what would be presumably serial data over the USB interface or similar, in which case modifications to allow that over the USB, but having a nice mobile app wouldn't have been too difficult.

I do actually use a Microsoft Surface Go Win10 tablet, its good, but a bit underpowered, and the 10min wait while windows and all of its services boot, before I get a unlaggy desktop to use VCDS sucks a bit, I should really upgrade it, but I don't use it a huge amount. Shame we can't combine the "iPad/iPhone experience" with VCDS, without needing to use a Wifi HexNet adapter.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I do actually use a Microsoft Surface Go Win10 tablet, its good, but a bit underpowered,
I have a Surface Go 2. My wife has a Surface Go 3. I will admit that we sprung for the better processor, not the "Pentium Gold" base one, but still.. They boot in a matter of seconds. What all do you have installed on that thing? Perhaps it's time to give it a good scrub?

-Uwe-

Back