Status
Not open for further replies.

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
There may not be another debate. White house just announced that POTUS and FLOTUS both tested positive for Covid and they are now in self quarantine.
This could get interesting.

Don

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^ ^^^ @JSWTD109: Don - the irony is palpable but finally there's a slim chance for Nancy to be POTUS (if Mr Pence is also infected and if my understanding of the succession protocols in your constitution is correct)!

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I almost have to ask myself, is this a clever deliberate fake news being deployed/disseminated to show a quick recovery and play down the virus?

What a national security issue or shear liability for negligence displayed.

dieseldub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28764
There are a lot of conspiracies floating around about whether or not he actually has the virus. I'm inclined to believe he does have it. But that may also be because I'm just exhausted with conspiracies in general, as the vast majority of them rarely pan out as originally suggested.

Given the incubation period of 10-14 days before symptoms showed up, it means he was unmasked, on stage with the virus during the debate, likely spreading virus while speaking.

There was decent distance between everyone on stage, but if the air is stagnant enough inside, the fact that they were in close enough contact for a prolonged period of time, it does increase the chances that Biden or even Chris Wallace could come down with it as well.

But, being that this was also happening at the Cleveland Clinic, I wouldn't doubt for a second that the people there took every precaution and had the air circulating efficiently, so maybe not.

One thing is for certain, the reality TV president rarely leaves us with a dull moment.

Odds on him recovering fast enough to do one more debate? Boris Johnson was out for awhile when he got it. Had pretty severe symptoms, too. Every case is different, though.

dieseldub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28764
Trump has been taken to the hospital out of an "abundance of caution."

He's also taking an experimental antibody treatment from Regeneron along with a cocktail of other more common items: " zinc, vitamin D and melatonin. He's taking a heartburn drug – famotidine (brand name Pepcid) – and a daily aspirin"

Also, given the general trend of ever increasing cases, but a death rate that has levelled off quite a bit, I have a feeling in the background, we haven't been hearing so much, but the healthcare system has better zeroed in on what works and what doesn't at this point.

He'll likely be just fine if you ask me.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@dieseldub : Maybe the best metric regarding the Donald's real health is to keep an eye on his twitter activity? If there isn't lots of tweets during the next few days - something grim has occurred!

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I happen to not believe it too but I still like to read what is broadcast just the same to see the angle!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I really do not think that there are very many undecided voters left. From what I can see, everybody has already pretty much decided one way or the other.
Yep. This means it will be a question of turn-out. Which side do you think has more enthusiasm for their candidate?

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Uwe: by "turn-out", I assume you mean metaphorical participation rather than actual physical attendance at a polling booth given an expectation of high postal votes (only Biden votes counted of course - those with the name Trump will be tossed in a distant dump somewhere)?

Don

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
LOL

The non answer vise versa Presidential debate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back