Injector deviation quantity very very very long!

David27mc

Reaction score
Injector deviation quantity very long to run!

Hi,
I'm David from France and I would really appreciate your help.
I have a 2010 Polo 1.6 tdi. I just changed one injector. I putted a remanufactured one and I well coded it buy entering the tolerance number.
The car runs now better but have a loss of power. I noticed that the injector deviation is bad for this new injector, that's why I decided to run this fonction via vcds: "adapting injector minimum deviation quantity"

Then, I press the brake and gas pedal and the function start perfectly.
The problem is that I kept pressed the pedals for almost 15 minutes and it seems to never end!
Do you have any idea about the time that this function must last?

Many thanks for your precious help.

Regards.
David

Last edited:

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi there...

Do you have any idea about the time that this function must last?

This may take a little research. Could you post an Auto-Scan of the vehicle in question, that way we can see some more details... Like ECM part numbers, Hardware and Software version numbers... All this information can help us better understand and try to help.

How to post an Auto-Scan

Thanks,

drpeter

David27mc

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for your help.
I will try to post an autoscan asap.
Are you able to tell me how many time the adapting injector procedure must normally take?
Thanks.

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I will try to post an autoscan asap.
Are you able to tell me how many time the adapting injector procedure must normally take?

- Auto-Scan = Would be Cool.

- How long? - Unknown, I would imagine it would be a reasonable amount of time... under 15 minutes I would think? I could be wrong..

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

adfow_uk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=136053
Hi, did you manage to sort your polo after? I have the same issue with a Golf. Fitted new injector as had slight misfire and deviation value high, coded in but now worse! Ran adapting procedure for over 20mins then gave up. Would expect it to say complete when done?

many thanks

Anssi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=207817
I had my 1.6 tdi running bit roughly sometimes, so I tried adapting injector minimum deviation quantity. Didn't got it finished and after that fuel consumption raised dramatically and its now running worse. I heard from vw mechanic that with their software adapting procedure takes about half an hour, and you get announcement when it's ready, but I dont know does it work same way with VCDS. It would be nice to know if somebody gets it done properly.

wjencik

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/IP
Hi guys after playing in VCDS basic setting i also run adapting injector minimum deviation quantity, after short time i stop it by release brake and acc, oedal and engine is WORSE since. (metal sound when accelerating)Did somebody performe succesful adapting injector minimum deviation quantity procedure in VCDS? how long shoud i hold brake and acc pedal? Will be engine smother after that like before? what does adapting injector minimum deviation quantity really do with injectors? I think i will be need visit my local dealer to help with it. I dont tink VCDS can set my injector properly if i start adapting injector minimum deviation quantity again. Please has somebody some answers??? I have 2012 VW Jetta 1.6 TDI CR

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please has somebody some answers??? I have 2012 VW Jetta 1.6 TDI CR
Without an Auto-Scan to show exactly what engine and ECU you have (and that you're using a legitimate VCDS), I doubt it. ;)

-Uwe-

Anssi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=207817
My engine operation became back to normal just drving the car couple hundred kilometres.

Lucero79

Reaction score
Sorry for the super late reply to this, but this is an easy fix. If you are asked to press the brake and accelerator from the start, you have not met the prerequisites and this will run indefinitely. So, to fix.

1. Turn off the car and close VCDS.
  2. Wait 60 seconds
  3. Start engine (running)
  4. Start VDCS
  5. Controller
  6. Engine
  7. Important!! Re-enter Security Access and use the code 27971
  8. Basic Settings
  9. Adapting injector minimum deviation quantity
  10. Go
  11. Important!! You'll be asked to depress brake and clutch first.
  12. If you are not asked to depress brake and clutch first, you have not started the procedure correctly
  13. Follow the rest of the instructions
  14. Takes around 5 mins and ECU may blip the throttle (<-- not guaranteed)

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

Tregged

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=171560
Sorry for the super late reply to this, but this is an easy fix. If you are asked to press the brake and accelerator from the start, you have not met the prerequisites and this will run indefinitely. So, to fix.

1. Turn off the car and close VCDS.
  2. Wait 60 seconds
  3. Start engine (running)
  4. Start VDCS
  5. Controller
  6. Engine
  7. Important!! Re-enter Security Access and use the code 27971
  8. Basic Settings
  9. Adapting injector minimum deviation quantity
  10. Go
  11. Important!! You'll be asked to depress brake and clutch first.
  12. If you are not asked to depress brake and clutch first, you have not started the procedure correctly
  13. Follow the rest of the instructions
  14. Takes around 5 mins and ECU may blip the throttle (<-- not guaranteed)

This is not always the case and in some instances, it never runs at all, even though VCDS shows the routine as running. There doesn't appear to be any hard evidence as to why, but it is possibly down to the ECU software status.
I am trying to re-learn my injector values, but the adaption doesn't run. I do have an early ECU version 88**, so am looking at getting it updated to the latest pre 'diesel-gate' fix, which I believe is 9972. I will then try again.

1975 Kombi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=211204
I don't even have an option for "Adapting injector minimum deviation quantity" in my basic settings.

Back