Resolved Part number for digital climatronic touch panel

Resolved

MK7.5

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=402753
Does anyone have the part number for this digital climatronic display from the 2021 Arteon? I would possibly like to retrofit it to my Golf R 7.5. I have already found the proper fitting trim/bezel for it via ali express, and I see they sell the climatronic touch display as well. But theirs has the “clean air” button instead of “sync”. Anyone know where to find one/a part number for one that has the sync button and heated seats, like the one pictured below? And it can be programmed with VCDS?

6jLZnev.jpg

MK7.5

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=402753
Just received a response from dealer, they say part number is 3G0-054-939-Q

brundozg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427444
Hi,
this is one topic I found in one other forum regarding retrofitting the same AC control panel ->https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/touch-kimabedienteil-t6806095.html
Let me try to sum it up for you and translate it into english:

There are the following models of the AC control panel:
3G8907044 without seat heating
3G8907044 A with seat heating
3G8907044 C with seat heating and parking heating
3G8907044 D with seat heating and seat ventilation
3G8907044 E with all of the above (seat heating, seat ventilation, parking heating)

Coding example (hint - use experimental coding, you might find additional information that you need):
Address 08: Auto HVAC (E87) Labels:* None
Part No SW: 17G 907 044 H HW: 17G 907 044 H
Component: AC Automat 211 R676
Revision: 20K06000 Serial number: 00000A00811063
Coding: 00020004200010010004200000101522
ASAM Dataset: EV_ACTouchPrehVW37X 001008

There might be a need to "relearn" the compressor logic: -->https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/touch-kimabedienteil-t6806095.html?page=16#post59777897
- Code the controller as mentioned before
- Erase the error codes (DTCs)
- Close the controller
- Open the controller again
==>Start:
- Check error codes again, you should have something like: First run of compressor not carried out and no initial setup
- AC control unit must be turned on (ignition)
- go to Basic Settings and there choose "adapt flap end stops" + Start
- It will say that it is not running, even though it is
- Check the AC control panel, some LEDs will blink
- Wait until LEDs stop to blink
- To be sure wait for another 30 seconds
- press "Stop" button in VCDS to stop the routine
- **immediately start the "Compressor run in: automatic start" routine
- It will take around 2 minutes, engine RPM will be changed and LEDs will blink again
- VCDS will show when the routine was finished successfully

If during the step ** some error happens do the following:
- you don't need the Security Access for this
- Go to adaptations, search for "run" and press enter
- Check the IDE01503 and IDE03176 adaptations
- Values of those two adaptations could be 0 60 or 120, write 120 and take it over for both channels (do the takeover even if 120 is already set as a value, we want to overwrite those adaptations nevertheless)
- Close the controller
- Ignition off
- wait for some time (1 minute should do)
- Ignition on
- go to "==> Start" and do it all over again

Hopefully I translated it right, feel free to use google translator to double check it.

Offtopic part:
Few days ago I got one Passat as a lease car for a business trip. It had that AC control panel and I really really hated it. It was not too short trip, around 6 hours of driving and I had to change few times temperature in a car and could not do it as comfortable as turning the knob, instead I had to look away from the road and click that stupid touch screen without any tactile nor sound feedback. I hated it so much that if it would be my car I woud retrofit the old style control panel with real buttons and turning knob instead of this cheap-to-produce touch panel... If you care only about the looks go for it, maybe you just need some time to adjust and be able to use it without looking... I also hated the infotainment touch screen without any side buttons except "home" and "menu" but that is another story...

MK7.5

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=402753
Hi,
this is one topic I found in one other forum regarding retrofitting the same AC control panel ->https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/touch-kimabedienteil-t6806095.html

3G8907044 E with all of the above (seat heating, seat ventilation, parking heating)

Coding example (hint - use experimental coding, you might find additional information that you need):

There might be a need to "relearn" the compressor logic: -->https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/touch-kimabedienteil-t6806095.html?page=16#post59777897
- Close the controller
==>Start:
- Check error codes again, you should have something like: First run of compressor not carried out and no initial setup
- It will take around 2 minutes, engine RPM will be changed and LEDs will blink again

- Values of those two adaptations could be 0 60 or 120, write 120 and take it over for both channels (do the takeover even if 120 is already set as a value, we want to overwrite those adaptations nevertheless)
- Close the controller
- Ignition off
- Ignition on

Hopefully I translated it right, feel free to use google translator to double check it.

Offtopic part:
Few days ago I got one Passat as a lease car for a business trip. It had that AC control panel and I really really hated it. It was not too short trip, around 6 hours of driving and I had to change few times temperature in a car and could not do it as comfortable as turning the knob, instead I had to look away from the road and click that stupid touch screen without any tactile nor sound feedback. I hated it so much that if it would be my car I woud retrofit the old style control panel with real buttons and turning knob instead of this cheap-to-produce touch panel... If you care only about the looks go for it, maybe you just need some time to adjust and be able to use it without looking... I also hated the infotainment touch screen without any side buttons except "home" and "menu" but that is another story...
Thank you. I’m kind of back & forth about it. I really like the way it looks, but I’m not to sure how user friendly it is. Since my car has the digital cockpit & since I retrofit the 9.2” Discover Pro to my Golf R last year, I think the touch climatronic would blend really well, look wise. But I will say this. I had a 2021 GTI (in the US it’s still the Mk7.5) as a rental a few weeks ago, which had the smaller 8” infotainment screen, and wow. I absolutely HATED how the screen was smaller, but I LOVED having the volume knob and all of the extra shortcut keys that the smaller screen has, instead of just “menu” and “home.” So I definitely get your point. A lot of the newer stuff looks more futuristic, but is more difficult to use while driving…

Tharkhold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=311665
Tagged for interest if this unit is retrofittable with a PQ/mk6 electronics.

edit: I'm about this close [ ] to ordering a unit on ali and check out how/if it integrates in my car....mmmm

Last edited:

dlaunde

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=448258
Hi,

- Close the controller
==>Start:

- Close the controller
- Ignition off
- Ignition on

Offtopic part:
I know this is an older thread, but I am looking to upgrade my Golf R MK7.5 standard Climatronic panel to the touch one (I know, everyone has a preference).

I am going to get the 3G8907044A (with seat heating) part. Besides the coding you listed, is there anything else I would need to do since I already have Climatronic and am merely switching the panels out (not adding or removing features)?
I've seen other threads on the Internet of people having to copy over coding from the stock panel to the new one but not sure if that only applies for those upgrading from regular Climate to Climatronic at the same time.

Thanks!

brundozg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427444
I would assume the answer is no, but hopefully someone already did this retrofit and can provide you definitive answer.

Cuzoe

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=279487
You need to copy over (or otherwise compare and match) your long coding, in addition to the basic settings mentioned before.

You should always check the coding of a new module that you install in your car as compared to the module you are replacing. Do that even if replacing a module from a car of the same year/spec as yours.

With a used module you want to make sure that it matches your car... Previous owner may have made a change to their preference, might not be your preference. Of course if your car is specced differently then that module will be coded differently. And a new module (factory new or new to your car, as in this upgrade) absolutely needs to have coding checked/verified.

Copying over your coding should be safe place to start since you're going climatronic to climatronic. You should still go in the long coding helper and document everything from your old unit. Then do the same with new and make sure everything is good.

Or just plug in a new module and don't code anything. And we will wait here to discuss the issues 😬. Undoubtedly they first thing that will be asked is that you provide a scan before and after so that the person trying to help you can look at the long coding.

dlaunde

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=448258
You need to copy over (or otherwise compare and match) your long coding, in addition to the basic settings mentioned before.

You should always check the coding of a new module that you install in your car as compared to the module you are replacing. Do that even if replacing a module from a car of the same year/spec as yours.

With a used module you want to make sure that it matches your car... Previous owner may have made a change to their preference, might not be your preference. Of course if your car is specced differently then that module will be coded differently. And a new module (factory new or new to your car, as in this upgrade) absolutely needs to have coding checked/verified.

Copying over your coding should be safe place to start since you're going climatronic to climatronic. You should still go in the long coding helper and document everything from your old unit. Then do the same with new and make sure everything is good.

Or just plug in a new module and don't code anything. And we will wait here to discuss the issues 😬. Undoubtedly they first thing that will be asked is that you provide a scan before and after so that the person trying to help you can look at the long coding.
Sorry for the late reply, life got busy.

The new module should be here this week, so I'm getting ready by copying everything from my current module.

For Long Coding, I take it I have to go through every individual byte and take a screenshot/write down what boxes/settings are ticked on/off?

Do I need to make a copy of anything else? Or just the Long Coding?

brundozg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427444
Usually before changing anything, you would want to store baseline of your car -> coding + all adaptations
All codings you can store by running autoscan, for every controller you can read there it's coding.
Additionally, you should run Applications -> Controller Channel Map -> Single Controller or Whole Vehicle and tick Adaptations. Perfect would be to run it two times, once store "Raw Hex", because that files can be directly used to restore adaptations and secondly store "CSV file" which could help others when comparing adaptations (that is readable format).
More info you can find in this topic https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/25113/ and after you did it please post your results here https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?forums/45/

dlaunde

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=448258
Usually before changing anything, you would want to store baseline of your car -> coding + all adaptations
All codings you can store by running autoscan, for every controller you can read there it's coding.
Additionally, you should run Applications -> Controller Channel Map -> Single Controller or Whole Vehicle and tick Adaptations. Perfect would be to run it two times, once store "Raw Hex", because that files can be directly used to restore adaptations and secondly store "CSV file" which could help others when comparing adaptations (that is readable format).
More info you can find in this topic https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/25113/ and after you did it please post your results here https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?forums/45/
Thanks.

To clarify: even with Restoring Adaptations from a RAW Hex file, I still need to manually write down/copy the Long Coding values and enter them once the new module is installed? Or is that information also copied over with the RAW Hex file?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Thanks.

To clarify: even with Restoring Adaptations from a RAW Hex file, I still need to manually write down/copy the Long Coding values and enter them once the new module is installed? Or is that information also copied over with the RAW Hex file?
Coding is different to adaptations, so both need to be re-entered.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I still need to manually write down/copy the Long Coding values and enter them once the new module is installed?
All the Coding values are in an Auto-Scan.

-Uwe-

dlaunde

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=448258
All the Coding values are in an Auto-Scan.

-Uwe-
It would be this part, right? (the red portion)
I only asked about having to manually check each coding byte to verify if a certain setting is under the same byte or a different one (since the module is not an exact Part # match to the one I am replacing)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It would be this part, right? (the red portion)
Correct.

I only asked about having to manually check each coding byte to verify if a certain setting is under the same byte or a different one (since the module is not an exact Part # match to the one I am replacing)
Right, if you're installing a different part, then it makes sense to compare byte by byte.

-Uwe-

dlaunde

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=448258
One last thing: I did the Controller Channel Map for the HVAC (08) and saved Adaptations as CSV then redid it and saved as Raw HEX. However, the Raw HEX file VCDS created shows up as a CSV file with the starting filename 'adphex'

Opening it shows strings of letters and numbers for each individual channel instead of words/phrases.

Just checking this is correct as I was expecting a HEX file that wouldn't be readable.

Thanks!

brundozg

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=427444
yes, confusing indeed, but everything you stated is correct and how it should be. It is stil "readable" format, but when you choose "CSV file" as a target, you can easily read each individual setting, what is not the case with "Raw Hex" target.

dlaunde

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=448258
All done with the swap/retrofit. Wrote the adphex file to the new HVAC unit and then copied over the Long Coding.

I then moved on to the Flap Adaptation and Compressor Run-in. Those ran fine.

First issue: I have three new fault codes that won't clear but I suspect they are due to a value/option being set in the new HVAC unit since it came from an Arteon. In the Basic Settings drop down there is a second Adaptation for Flaps labeled "Adapting front and rear flap end stops" which will not run, which I assume is because the Golf doesn't have rear flaps (as the stock OEM unit doesn't even have this Basic Setting option). The resulting errors are:
- Temperature Sensor for Rear Vent
- Motor for Rear Temperature Flap
- Position Sensor for Rear Temperature Flap Motor
I can just live with these faults, right?

Testing the unit, it works perfectly in terms of heated seats, airflow positions, AC, defrost, etc.

Second issue: the only thing that isn't working is the Menu button on the new AC panel. Not sure where to start to trouble shoot this as nothing jumps out in Adaptations or Long Coding.

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Please post an Auto-Scan with the new climatronic panel fitted so we can see the details of the fault codes and hardware/software details.

Reactions: Uwe

dlaunde

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=448258
Please post an Auto-Scan with the new climatronic panel fitted so we can see the details of the fault codes and hardware/software details.
I fixed both issues.

As suspected, the issue was with the new panel thinking there was a second row zone control. Even though I copied the Long Coding correctly and checked it, there was an incorrect option selected under Byte 7 essentially telling the panel there may be a second row zone control. Changed it to no second row, even though it now made the Long Coding slightly different from what was copied from the OEM panel.

Errors went away and the Menu button the AC Panel now also works. Everything seems good to go!

Back