Jetta MK2 1.8 RP Diagnostic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premixem

Reaction score
Hello.
My name is Przemek. Im from Poland, and I am looking for help.

My car has a CE2 electrical system manufactured after 1990.
Under the hood I have a yellow diagnostic connector next to the ignition coil. I have two black and beige plugs under the gearbox bellow inside the vehicle. I bought an OBD1 to OBD2 and OBD ELM BT connector but it does not start because the K line is probably missing in these plugs. There is probably only an L line and ground and + 12V. Is it possible to somehow run or connect OBD2 by somehow remaking the old plugs? I also thought to connect directly to the central device under the hood under the shaft with the appropriate PINs of the K and L lines as well as the grounding and + 12V from the battery .. Greetings from Poland and thanks for help!

Premixem

Reaction score
ADAPTER-PRZEJSCIOWKA-OBD1-OBD2-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-VAG

I have this from site: Allegro.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
An Mk.2 Jetta most likely does not have the ability to do "Rapid Data Transfer" via K-Line. There were a very few exceptions: A few cars with 1.8L Digifant injection and California emissions, and some 2.0L 16V cars that had CIS Motronic.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I was thinking about connecting directly to the controller under the hood with the appropriate pins.
I really don't think this will work. Car (and ECU) do not support the generic OBD-II protocols that an ELM device requires.

-Uwe-

Premixem

Reaction score
So I will have to visit a Volkswagen car service which has such a diagnostic device. Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back