Not open for further replies.

Tomba

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222658
Hi All,

I am Tom(ba) from the Netherlands. I am quite active on BMW and chip-tunings forums. I purchased my official VAG-COM lately and hope to get some help here with advanced measurement blocks on UDS equipped vehicles.

Cheers,
Tomba

Tomba

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222658
Well it seems that I can not post a new thread in the sub catagories. I hope someone will check my "problem" here.

I need to make some measurements on an Audi A5 2.0 TFSI (180bhp) from 2011. This car is equipped with MED17.1 ECU and doesn't support the classic [MEASUREMENT BLOCKS]. Instead it uses the [ADVANCED MEASURMENT VALUES]. The problem is that - as far as I know - this list of paramters/values can only be viewed when the car is connected. From then you would be able to save specific "groups" that later can be used quickly. I would like to see the list "off-line" and eddit these groups myself. Is this possible? If yes, please mention the right procedure to check the available paramter list.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Tomba

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
Well it seems that I can not post a new thread in the sub catagories. I hope someone will check my "problem" here.

Welcome, you need to be a Verified VCDS User to post in most of the forums.
Please fill out this form and the R-T team will promote your userid.

ps: It always helps to post an Auto-Scan when you have a question so others can see what the car is made of :)

Tomba

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222658
Hi Jake,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried registering with the SHORT SERIAL on the box and LONG SERIAL on the box provided with my cable. (didn't work)
After that I entered the LONG SERIAL from the about box of my VCDS and it comes with the same message:

The long serial number you input does not match the short serial number you input !

:(

Yanping

Administrator
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi, Tomba

The Long Serial should be like this :
About.png

http://www.ross-tech.com/vca/long_sn.html

The Short Serial should be like this :
hexcanlabel.png

http://www.ross-tech.com/vca/short_sn.html

If you are still having trouble, feel free to send an email to support (at) ross-tech.com

Tomba

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222658
Thanks Yanping,

I tried it multiple times but don't succeed. I will send an e-mail and let you know how things worked out.

BR,
Tomba

Tomba

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222658
Contacted Ross-tech and it seemed the SHORT SERIAL was wrong printed. I succesfully registered now:cool:

Thanks for your help so far!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please ask the folks you bought the interface from to send you a correctly printed label. Chances are, they also have the incorrectly printed number in their records for you. This should also be corrected. If they have any questions, give them a link to this thread. :D

-Uwe-

Tomba

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=222658
Hi Uwe,

The replied e-mail from Ross-tech was also send in to their direction. I will request a new label.
Thanks.

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back