Release 16.8 discussion thread (what's new, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
When you save or copy the autoscan, or when you right click on VCDS.exe, Properties, Details tab.

CiDirkona

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=44342
Is there an option to get the (1), (2), etc labelled Adaptations translations back for the Central Electronics module, or at least an option to toggle between?

I've traded some emails with Andy and he explained how the new codes help VW techs since it matches the VAG tools, but the (1), (2), (3) etc coded Adaptations channels are what are listed and order nicely in all of the existing dv52, dnc, urbanjoke, kencha etc DIYs already written and available.

Thanks in advance!
-Colin

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The original "(1), (2), (3)" numbers were arbitrarily assigned and not deterministic -- i.e. they were subject to change between DS builds and thus could not be relied upon as a means of identifying channels in the first place.

-Uwe-

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Just use the search/filter function and enter the text from those older DIYs, that get's you to your result quicker anyway. :)

Reactions: Uwe

CiDirkona

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=44342
I did, but then they're out of order (compared to the DIYs) as they're sorting alphabetically on Dimming, Dimmwert, Lechtfunktion, etc -- maybe have an option to sort alpha on the ENG stuff rather than the adaptation type.

...or maybe I just need to get used to it. :) :thumbs:

JazzDK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285115
Is there a special way we can search after a words or nr. when it is in the middle of a name ex:

This is what i want to find: "ENG116941-ENG115970-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion A 5"

How do I search this word: "Leuchte5 TFL RB32" to get the above result??

In the privius version we could search for ex: "(9)" and we got close to what we were looking for.

have tried to find a solution but no luck

Max

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Is there a special way we can search after a words or nr. when it is in the middle of a name ex:

This is what i want to find: "ENG116941-ENG115970-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion A 5"

How do I search this word: "Leuchte5 TFL RB32" to get the above result??

In the privius version we could search for ex: "(9)" and we got close to what we were looking for.

have tried to find a solution but no luck

Max

Max - Yes, the new "Tags" on the adaptation channel descriptors need to be accommodated differently - especially for the 665 x Leuchte channels in the BCM for MQB vehicles.

Below are some examples of different search criteria for the ENG116941-ENG115970-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion A 5 channel and the list returned by VCDS:
  1. Search Leuchte5 TFL RB32 - this returns the complete Leuchte set (i.e. 19 x adaptation channels) for the right-side DRL
  2. Search ENG115970 this returns the Leuchte channels for the A 5 (being A-space-5, not A5) Leuchte channel and its twin light configuration channel (I still don't know what this twin does)
  3. Search A-space-5 - same result as 2. above

I'm not aware that the search string caters for "wild cards". I think not (I've tried "*" and "#" unsuccessfully) -perhaps RT can confirm
Don

i18jgzd.png

Last edited:

JazzDK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285115
Uuuuh nice,
It seam you dont need wild cards, when you can search for ex. "A 5" and get a result....will test this tonight or tomorrow, need to code US Light for a friend on a Seat Leon "5F" 2016

Thanks allot for the information :)

JazzDK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285115
DV52.....the above search worked perfectly.....

but a request for and a possible version update!!

Please move the search line/box above the the "Channel" line and maybe make a choice box for automatically showing the searched "Channels" found?? Plus a possibility to copy the line ;)

Last question, where did the channel nr. go, allot of coding out there is with only (x) x=nr.
ex: Channel (9) - Select daytime running lights only in switch position Auto
Now we cant search the this specific coding after the big update. I do undestand the reason of the update (Lacking ID/channel nr.), but how can we with the v16.8.3 search for the old channels?? Now we need to get a non upgraded VCDS to secure the hole channel name

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Channel numbers in previous versions were purely arbitrary. The UDS protocol does not have channel numbers per se.

-Uwe-

JazzDK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=285115
Channel numbers in previous versions were purely arbitrary. The UDS protocol does not have channel numbers per se.

-Uwe-

Hey Uwe,
thanks for the information, just need to get hold of a illegal or old non updated VCDS cable to be able to get the information i need :) I have tried on several forrums but no luck yet.

by the way the HEX-Net works perfect, but using the mobile fone is crap......to many downloads and it takes way to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back