Status
Not open for further replies.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I spent several hours in Google since the weekend looking for an answer, but have found nothing so far. Can anyone tell me what this (possibly ancient?) air hose connector is called?

C8E0F01C-35FD-4D4C-8427-01F1D7DE4E9B_zpsti8rhq4u.jpg

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I dug around MCS and Granger, no luck. Parker doesn't have anything like it as well. I think the issue is, being a lever type release instead of a collar type, there will be no parts for it anymore. Unless there is an online museum of the history of pneumatic couplings from the mid 60s, I'll remain stumped.

dafrazi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=173774
I'd reach out to someone at Milton Industries. One of their seasoned engineers or sales reps might know. It looks like a single action release. If so, you probably won't be able to find anything new for sale. Since everything needs to be dual action release.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Why not just swap it out or is this a mission to no where?

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
I spent several hours in Google since the weekend looking for an answer, but have found nothing so far. Can anyone tell me what this (possibly ancient?) air hose connector is called?

McMaster Carr has them: http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-quick-disconnect-tube-couplings/=wzbkng

The page is to all types of quick connects... center of the bottom row looks to be what you have.

(I only spent a few minutes... McMaster-Carr - I love those people... couldn't have kept my business running without them. Right Uwe?)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I only spent a few minutes... McMaster-Carr - I love those people... couldn't have kept my business running without them. Right Uwe?
Right. Can't make vape mods without 'em either. What amazed me is that I ordered some parts from about 10:00 one night last year and they were here before noon the next day. I did NOT pay for any special shipping either.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
McMaster Carr has them: http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-quick-disconnect-tube-couplings/=wzbkng

The page is to all types of quick connects... center of the bottom row looks to be what you have.

Awesome!!! The tip on the male end looks different, but they look close enough where I will order a set and see if they will work or can be made to work.

Why not just swap it out or is this a mission to no where?

Don't even suggest swapping the connectors unless your earthquake insurance is paid up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently came into possession of my late father's air tool collection. One thing that nobody would dare do was return one of his tools broken. Heck, he could tell if you were using them even if you put them back undamaged! Anyone who knew my father would tell you that he put that style of connector on his tools for a reason, like because they were higher flow or were aviation grade stainless. Long story short, one of the connectors was broken when I received them, and there's no way I am going to risk being haunted for life by changing the connectors out for something more conventional. Thanks to Bruce finding the correct part, I don't have to worry about hauntings or unexplained seismic activity with an epicenter at a cemetery in New Jersey.....

Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
vreihen: Wow - must have been a remarkable man - your father to command such respect!!

Plaudits (applause) and well-done Bruce for finding a replacement for such an important part!!

sXz2rL4.gif

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
vreihen: Wow - must have been a remarkable man - your father to command such respect!!

Remarkable as in being an overbearing dictator, who instilled enough fear into his children that even 20+ years after his passing they would still rather throw themselves on a live grenade than deal with the pain he would inflict (even from the great beyond) for returning a tool broken or missing parts! To this day, I would rather go out and buy my own tools than borrow/use someone else's.

Several years ago, I dropped some significant budget coin at work to buy three sets of good (read: German) hand tools. My set is still 100% intact, whereas the other two sets are missing tools and especially missing several security screw bits. I bought replacement bits twice, and they kept getting lost (or should I say the excuse was that they broke while being used). The new policy is that if you don't bring me a broken bit, you do not get a replacement. Tough love, but those two guys should be thankful they are dealing with me and not the person who taught me to respect other's tools.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back