Model year 2006
    Sales type 4F55NL
    Engine Code BKH
    Transmission Code HYR

PART NUMBER

4F0 614 517 Q / L / N
    4F0 614 517 P
    4F0 910 517 P
    Minor bit of confusion: the Audi website says the current part number is 4F0 614 517 J.
    https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_200...F0614517J.html

Is there something I'm missing and there's a reason it's not on your list? Just trying to do as much research and cross-referencing as I can before I try and find a unit, new or used.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    4F0 614 517 C, 4F0 614 517 J are for A6 vehicles equipped with ACC - PR 8T4
    4F0 614 517 L, 4F0 614 517 N are for A6 vehicles with classic CC (PR 8T1) or without CCS (PR 8T0)
    4F0 614 517 P, 4F0 614 517 Q are for S6. Not sure are they fully compatible with those above.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinsX View Post
    4F0 614 517 C, 4F0 614 517 J are for A6 vehicles equipped with ACC - PR 8T4
    4F0 614 517 L, 4F0 614 517 N are for A6 vehicles with classic CC (PR 8T1) or without CCS (PR 8T0)
    4F0 614 517 P, 4F0 614 517 Q are for S6. Not sure are they fully compatible with those above.
    That was helpful, thanks. AudiUSA.com is apparently not the best resource, despite being the official site for Audi of America...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be completely sure use PL24 and check with Your VIN or ask someone with subscription to this resource to do it for You.
    I use another source of information, it has no VIN filter.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be completely sure use PL24 and check with Your VIN or ask someone with subscription to this resource to do it for You.
    I use another source of information, it has no VIN filter.
    I took your info and called the parts desk of my local Audi dealer, and they confirmed that the "N" suffix is the current revision for my VIN. They were just as confused as I was as to why the AudiUSA site was trying to sell me the "J" suffix.

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were just as confused as I was as to why the AudiUSA site was trying to sell me the "J" suffix.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I have an "N" suffix on order from eBay right now; I'm hoping this doesn't turn out to be a dud.

Any differences in coding that I need to be aware of, or do I just copy the existing coding from my "L" module to the new one?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just copy coding from original module.

10. Likes davisev5225, Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just copy coding from original module.
    Excellent, thank you.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should have listened to my instincts, I knew eBay was nothing but trouble.

First sign of trouble: The seller advertised an "N" module, which is what was stamped on the hydraulic unit, but an "L" module was attached. OK, no big deal, that's the original revision in my car. After a lot of wrangling, and a drill and screw extractor because one of the stupid specialty screws stripped, I finally got it installed.

Second sign of trouble: the moment I plugged it in (with the car electrics completely turned off because I'm not a moron), it sounded like an electric motor was spinning up. My old module didn't do that. Over to VCDS, and I find (3) error codes. The expected steering angle, the G201 pressure sensor (with an unchanging pressure reading of -37.83), and 01200 - ABS Supply Voltage. It also got extremely hot in one of the top corners during the (5)ish minutes I had it plugged in.

The only silver lining here is I *MIGHT* be able to send it off to ModuleMasters and have it rebuilt, while keeping my (mostly) working module in my car. But after spending $450 on this module (because it was the only "N" module available, and I figured the newer revision is probably better), I've got to wait for the end of the week to get my next paycheck before I can do that, and then ModuleMasters has a 5-business-day turn-around...