Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VCDScripter for automating coding tasks

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    So how does your VCDS work at all?
    See the quote in my opening post:
    Sorry my fault, I didn't notice this requirement.
    I solved it, made a symlink in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS to my Onedrive directory and done, VCDS was found by VCDSScripter.

So far I ran into these problems:
    1.) "Error: unterminated string" when trying to compile the script (script can be run correctly).
    2.) "Script idle time is too long. Script is cancelled" while trying to enter MQB bcm (Hexnet over wifi in AP mode).

Keep up the good work! I'm really looking forward to english version of CodingCompare (as I already wrote you at another website )

2. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Aren't you able to compile any piece of script? Virus-Scanner deactivated?
    Do you have an example script where you get the compiler error?

Hardening of the tool lives from such community feedback, although I had days of testing

2.) "Script idle time is too long. Script is cancelled" while trying to enter MQB bcm (Hexnet over wifi in AP mode).
    Do you already use Version 1.3? The timeout values where increased in that version.
    Why does your HEX-NET take so much time to get connected properly? I also tested MQB BCM with a HEX-NET and never ran into timeout...
    Last edited by hadez16; 01-08-2019 at 12:32 AM.

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    @hadez16:
    Script timeouts while loading the modules attached to BCM, maybe 2 seconds after the 09 is opened. I'll make a video later, so far only picture:

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Modules with a lot of sub-systems can take quite a while to enumerate them all.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Modules with a lot of sub-systems can take quite a while to enumerate them all.

-Uwe-
    That is true. I already increased the timeouts in the newest Version 1.3 and tested it with a HEX-NET on the most evil mqb units like 08,09,19...
    I'll just gather all the feedback for an improved 1.4

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    @hadez16:
    I was playing with VCDSScripter today for some time and regarding the mentioned bugs I have some notes to add:
    1.) it seems the "Error: unterminated string" is related to kind of buffer overflow or something, it happened when I tried to write a script with 180 lines (don't laugh). Having just 30 lines was OK, script was succesfully compiled to executable.
    2.) the "Script idle time is too long" appears always when trying to change something in BCM, video can be found here https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ajw8QAhefKwVj-VOeRDB_fLnXFtoUQ, password is "cogitoergosum" for anyone who wants to watch it. Maybe just a coincidence but I was not able to make an onscreen video using Cyberlink Screenrecorder as when the recorder was started, the VCDS was started from VCDSScripter but no single user input was sent there.

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by icardiag View Post
    @hadez16:
    I was playing with VCDSScripter today for some time and regarding the mentioned bugs I have some notes to add:
    1.) it seems the "Error: unterminated string" is related to kind of buffer overflow or something, it happened when I tried to write a script with 180 lines (don't laugh). Having just 30 lines was OK, script was succesfully compiled to executable.
    2.) the "Script idle time is too long" appears always when trying to change something in BCM, video can be found here https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ajw8QAhefKwVj-VOeRDB_fLnXFtoUQ, password is "cogitoergosum" for anyone who wants to watch it. Maybe just a coincidence but I was not able to make an onscreen video using Cyberlink Screenrecorder as when the recorder was started, the VCDS was started from VCDSScripter but no single user input was sent there.
    1) This should NOT happen and should not be related to the amount of lines. I'll doublecheck that. Could you send me the script to vcdscripter@vcds.de ?
    2) It is absolutely important that VCDS has always the focus and does not lose the focus during the procedure! Your last sentence points me to the idea that VCDS did not have the focus but maybe your Screenrecorder software or something.

13. Likes Uwe, Mats@MFT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    @icardiag

I got your e-mail and checked your script.
    First of all, it is absolutely legit to have a script with many lines like this.
    It is indeed a limitation in the backend I have to workaround somehow. Will be fixed. Sorry!

15. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe, icardiag liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    @hadez16:
    Great! And regarding the "Script idle time is too long"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by icardiag View Post
    @hadez16:
    Great! And regarding the "Script idle time is too long"?
    I assume you're already using Version 1.3?
    If yes, I'll review the timeouts for opening a unit...

18. Likes Uwe liked this post