Passat B8 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

leon

Reaction score
Hello

I have a few questions. maybe can someone help me.

I have Passat B8 year 2017.
My car has ACC, A5 asist camera, DLA vb...

I did activate line assist and traffic jam assist. Line and Jam assist is working perfectly. Car menu setup have lane assist but no traffic jam assist.
How can I add Jam Assist in car menu assistans?

I've tried A5 long coding, changed the option to show traffic jams in the car menu, but it didn't work.

Also, can I activate Pedestrian Recognition Assist and drive mode (eco normal sport individual)?

thank you

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
I think traffic jam assist is something set-up through parameterization of the control unit, something that VCDS (unfortunately) cannot do.

leon

Reaction score
I think traffic jam assist is something set-up through parameterization of the control unit, something that VCDS (unfortunately) cannot do.

thank you for interest. Why can I not do this? What it means control unit?

Well, can't I activate the pedestrian assistant and drive profile?

kind regards

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
And traffic jam assist will not be visible in the assist menus ever. That's how it's intended. It will work in the background but you have no control over it.

Pedestrian recognition and drive profile are SWaP functions. Drive profile you can probably buy from VW but pedestrian recognition not.

How do you know traffic jam assist is working?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
thank you for interest. Why can I not do this? What it means control unit?
VAG do not make the data required to configure Traffic Jam Assist (actually many other features too) for different car models available to third parties, you have to connect to their servers.

Control Unit? - your car has many electronic modules (control units) which control how all the features work.

If you look at a VCDS Auto-Scan you will see there is a long list of control units, which we also refer to as modules.

On the subject of Auto-Scan - it would be very helpful if you would post an unedited English Auto-Scan of your B8 Passat here.

leon

Reaction score
And traffic jam assist will not be visible in the assist menus ever. That's how it's intended. It will work in the background but you have no control over it.

Pedestrian recognition and drive profile are SWaP functions. Drive profile you can probably buy from VW but pedestrian recognition not.

How do you know traffic jam assist is working?

Line assist at speeds below 60km/h with ACC. At speeds below 60 km, the vehicle ahead is followed by the lane.

well, isn't the Line Assistant SWaP functions?
I did activate; Line Assist, Traffic Jam Assist, Dynamic Light Assist, Emergency Assist Variant 1... They were not in factory settings.

Thank you...

Last edited:

leon

Reaction score
VAG do not make the data required to configure Traffic Jam Assist (actually many other features too) for different car models available to third parties, you have to connect to their servers.

Control Unit? - your car has many electronic modules (control units) which control how all the features work.

If you look at a VCDS Auto-Scan you will see there is a long list of control units, which we also refer to as modules.

On the subject of Auto-Scan - it would be very helpful if you would post an unedited English Auto-Scan of your B8 Passat here.

thank you for reply. I will send Auto Scan result.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Line assist at speeds below 60km/h with ACC. At speeds below 60 km, the vehicle ahead is followed by the lane.

well, isn't the Line Assistant SWaP functions?
I did activate; Line Assist, Traffic Jam Assist, Dynamic Light Assist, Emergency Assist Variant 1... They were not in factory settings.

Thank you...

Lane assist is not SWaP.

Crous26

Reaction score
What is the meaning of Swap ?

Crous26

Reaction score
not able to activate pedestrian asist ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back