Acc unavailable

Kalbe

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the Front Assist Not available on my 2017 Golf MK 7 TDi. It started after by battery died, there has been no bumps as far as i am aware so I believe the radar alignment should still be go
Additionally, following this thread I went into module 13 (Auto Dist. Reg) and under basic settings executed the 'Reset Personalization settings' but got the message 'Not Running'. I did this with the engine running and with just the ignition on. It was not clear to me how to clear the dynamic values so maybe that is all I need if someone can help with that.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

MrMeeseeks

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
Don't muck about resetting any settings or adaptations. There is a possibility you're going to need the radar unit re-calibrating, which can only be done with the proper workshop hardware.

But, as you've said the battery has failed, I'd look into this first, because a dead or failing battery does cause issues like this where modules are voltage sensitive, and cannot effectively communicate due to voltage drop (which then leads to phantom faults like ACC being unavailable).

Post an autoscan first and see what the forum suggests.

Kalbe

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not acceptable in Ross-Tech's forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Uwe

MrMeeseeks

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
Incorrectly positioned sounds like the radar unit mount bracket is knackered, and is a common fault.

Look for Golf Mk7 ACC Radar bracket. Less than £50 for a new one, and if you're lucky, it may not need recalibrating.

Kalbe

Unverified
-----------
Reaction score
Ok thanks, i did check the radar doesn’t look broken i also tried to move it around and its quiet solid with no movement, the battery literally had issues where i had to jump the car a couple of times and i have since had the battery replaced

RGH0

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=433612
Tell your friend to update his VCDS as it is a very old version. They may also need to buy a genuine version if the reason its not being updated is that its an illegal clone ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Back