Does the internal light cluster have a switched supply?

Bob1954

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Audi A3 convertible I would like to add a security camera to. The camera replaces the rear view mirror, or at least it fastens to the present mirror.

It has a camera on one edge of it that looks forward through the screen.

Ideally it is supplied from the internal light cluster.

I have managed to remove the cluster but can't find a pair of wires, live and neutral, that are just on when the ignition is on.

Are there any and if so which ones?

Is it possible to get hold of a wiring diagram for the car?

Thanks,

Bob.

Bob1954

Reaction score
Thanks for the response and info.
I just spent a fruitless hour+ looking through the irwin site trying to find a circuit diagram, after registering.
I finally looked at the A3 cabrio section.
Is my soft top the A3 Cabrio?
I only ask as it seems odd that there have been no model changes with the A3 Cabrio since 2008?
I have a 2017 model A3.
It lists 98 circuit diagrams for the 2008+ A3 Cabrio none of which looks as if it includes the internal light cluster.
I don't fancy paying and then downloading 98 circuits just to find none of them includes the internal lights.
I fear I am going to pay for something I don't want or need.
If someone has downloaded the lot would they mind telling me if one includes the internal lights and if it might be relevant to my 2017 model.
At least then I might not be wasting my time, and money, downloading a lot of files I don't need.
Thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
erWin should be able to find the correct the diagrams for your car if you enter your VIN. Since you're in the UK, I believe you can buy access by the hour for less than 10 quid.

-Uwe-

Back