Not open for further replies.

diskoboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=50403
Hi,

Normally I use the Danish and English version of VCDS.

Is it possible to use the German version as well? Are there any differences in the labels for the control modules?

Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Our licensing scheme only supports one language (other than English) at a time. So if your interface is licensed for Danish (which it is) a German version will be "unlicensed / unauthorized" and you will not be able to do much with it. The same would be true if someone tried to use the Danish version with an interface licensed for one of the German versions.

-Uwe-

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Niels (our Danish distributor), is not just very good in keeping his version up to date in terms of labels etc. but he is also one of the main contributors when it comes to new information, files etc. In other words, I would think you're in very capable hands with the Danish version. ;) If however you're experiencing any specific issues, please let us know (for example by posting an Auto-Scan) and we (as well as Niels) can look into that.

diskoboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=50403
Our licensing scheme only supports one language (other than English) at a time. So if your interface is licensed for Danish (which it is) a German version will be "unlicensed / unauthorized" and you will not be able to do much with it. The same would be true if someone tried to use the Danish version with an interface licensed for one of the German versions.

-Uwe-
Ahh - I can see. Thanks for clearing that out. Any chance it will change so 3 languages will be accepted?

Niels (our Danish distributor), is not just very good in keeping his version up to date in terms of labels etc. but he is also one of the main contributors when it comes to new information, files etc. In other words, I would think you're in very capable hands with the Danish version. ;) If however you're experiencing any specific issues, please let us know (for example by posting an Auto-Scan) and we (as well as Niels) can look into that.
Just created a new topic... http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?2397-Golf-7-Light-Assist

Any good advice?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Ahh - I can see. Thanks for clearing that out. Any chance it will change so 3 languages will be accepted?
No, there we have no plans to change that.

-Uwe-

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Why is german ver. Better then English?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It's basically a question of what language was a label file made in first and how much lag there is before they're available in another language.

-Uwe-

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Why is german ver. Better then English?

It isn't. ;) Mostly this is a question of perspective. The English one has more label files, the English one is updated sooner. However, all translated versions (be that German, Danish or Chinese) have their translated label files in addition to the English files. This means that if a translated file isn't found, they fall back to the English data. Now in some cases there may exist files which don't exist in English but these days I believe the number of files isn't high enough to make a difference in terms of making one version better than another.

Last edited:

diskoboy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=50403
I'll just uninstall the German version again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back