Status
Not open for further replies.

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Off Topic - not VCDS related at all, but I know some of you guys are as weird as meeeee! so I've posted this in general repair :D:
Uwe: feel free to move, REmove etc, if you see fit :cool:

Does anybody have the hex address map for the EEPROM binary (.bin) file from a MK5 instrument cluster of any kind? .OLS or .KP, map pack, etc?

I'm specifically looking for the tables to adjust the speedo reading and the built in error; and the Distance impulse if required. My actual cluster is a 1K6 920 862 F

I have slightly larger tyres than stock on the R32ran and have adjusted the impulse counter to the closest figure, but would like to make it accurate. Then I'd like to alter the speedometer "calibration" to a consistant and suitable "error" margin.

Any help greatly appreciated... I got a speed camera ticket in the mail today... doing 85km/h in a 80km/h zone:facepalm: .... on Christmas Morning :cry:

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
If you're requesting a .ols file; I'm presuming you have access to WinOLS. I thought it had an 'Auto Map Search' function thingy? from screenshots I've seen (don't have WinOLS myself) it will even show a little block bar graph at the end of each page of the EEPROM if it thinks it's a progressive map.

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
Thanks - yeah... It doesn't find anything. I just have the demo, because I don't actully "tune" anything - I like it to be proper OEM-like... other than VW never made a fast enough Touran :-)

The tables are quite "simple", but appear to have revesed bytes and don't stand out as tables. I'm looking through manully, but it's not something I'm familiar with. I was hoping I could compare mine with a known definition and work backwards a bit. It'll be a bit of a fun nerd-project , anyway :-)

I'll keep playing though :D

Thanks!!!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
you can change impulse over coding
when you not have enough value from coding, you can simple look what value is change in EPP and adjust itself .
because most (it not all) Micronas RED display cluster are this same, you will not find a different cluster dump to compare
OLS is file made by guys .
for cluster is software VDO editor, also made by one guy, however is supporting mostly NEC cluster , you can import "curve speed" and adjust itself
He made it from research and practices

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
you can change impulse over coding
when you not have enough value from coding, you can simple look what value is change in EPP and adjust itself .
because most (it not all) Micronas RED display cluster are this same, you will not find a different cluster dump to compare
OLS is file made by guys .
for cluster is software VDO editor, also made by one guy, however is supporting mostly NEC cluster , you can import "curve speed" and adjust itself
He made it from research and practices

Thanks Spacewalker :-)

I adjusted the impulse to the best match, but it still reads slightly high. I'll change it, and compare the file ;-) I hadn't thought of that!!! Thank you!

I'd like to correct the pulse, but also correct the needle movement - they are not very accurate!, especially as my cluster is the R32 version, the scale changes at 80km/h... so it has ... 50,60,70,80,100,120 and the difference from 80 to 85 is about the width of the needle!

I can read the digital speed on the climate control, but it's a pain, and I can't see it if I'm wearing my polarised sunglasses!

I saw the NEC cluster software - It looks great! Shame it doesn't work on mine :-( He's obviously very clever!

Thanks for your help!

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Thanks Spacewalker :-)

I adjusted the impulse to the best match, but it still reads slightly high. I'll change it, and compare the file ;-) I hadn't thought of that!!! Thank you!

I'd like to correct the pulse, but also correct the needle movement - they are not very accurate!, especially as my cluster is the R32 version, the scale changes at 80km/h... so it has ... 50,60,70,80,100,120 and the difference from 80 to 85 is about the width of the needle!

I can read the digital speed on the climate control, but it's a pain, and I can't see it if I'm wearing my polarised sunglasses!

I saw the NEC cluster software - It looks great! Shame it doesn't work on mine :-( He's obviously very clever!

Thanks for your help!
so install NEC cluster in your car and you can edit
You expecting a help for 15 years old item
old item just passing away.....

NZDubNurd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=230482
so install NEC cluster in your car and you can edit
You expecting a help for 15 years old item
old item just passing away.....

Haha! I should... but I like have Immo4A and MK60 without the silly VIN coding and crypto immo etc ;)

That's my excuse anyway :D

Reactions: Uwe

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Haha! I should... but I like have Immo4A and MK60 without the silly VIN coding and crypto immo etc ;)

That's my excuse anyway :D
silly VIN...... wake up, is 2019 , not 2012 when that cluster become popular without proper coding tool

and next , your ABS is MK60-AT because 4WD , not Mk60 (hope you know the different) .......so is fully support with NEC cluster , this same like your IMMO 4A ... if you know that of course

I recommend you to talk with someone who know more than you about IMMo , cluster etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back