Search results

1. Z

USDM lights on PreFaceLift A3 8V Halogen Headlight

@DV52 thanks a lot. The reason I asked was because I had seen someone selling adapters to set USDM on A3 8V with Halogen headlights and I could not understand why just coding won't do the job. I have read of Golf having the issue with bulbs you have mentioned but again I don't see how adapters...
  2. Z

Appreciate your reply but I am not concerned about MOT here I want to know if it can be programmed and if anything technically would not let that happen.
  3. Z

Hi Is it possible to activate Front Indicators to be On like DRL on PreFaceLift A3 8V with Halogen Headlight (SE/Sport) and to blink when indicating? Regards
  4. Z

Smooth Dimming Down of TailLights

Thanks @DV52 for quick reply. I was querying it in general for VAG cars that have similar light channel configuration available through their BCM. Like the Taillight in this video link: Also, the TailLights in this video link: The light coding in second video is over the top, and I can...
  5. Z

Smooth Dimming Down of TailLights

Hi Is there a simple Light Channel Coding change that can lead to smoother (dimming effect) when TailLights power off rather than sudden turn Off. Regards
  6. Z

Central Locking Switch for Passenger Side for RHD A3 8V PFL SB

Please see AutoScan below. I have managed to complete the switch installation. It was easy enough. I purchased a used Right Hand side lock switch, the 4pin plug to go with it, and wired it up-to door module 32 pin connector. Of the 4 pin connector, >pin 1 to Ground >pin 2 to pin 28 on 32pin...
  7. Z

Ambient Lighting- Door Closed 2019 Audi S3

I'm impressed.. 👏👏👏
  8. Z

Hi Sorry I don't understand what that is supposed to mean but maybe someone else can understand this response. You have the information above to inspect behind door panel and try rewire to a different supply pin and see what happens. Regards
  9. Z

I am actually impressed with your simplified diagram. Can't believe you went through the effort of creating a simplified version. I took ages understanding the diagrams first time I looked at them. I wanted to clarify because I don't have the fancy B&O lights. I only have 32pin connector to...
  10. Z

I must declare my experience is only with my own car but I did spend a lot of time investigating how different pins behaved because I had purchased this cheap kit off AliExpress and it required some modifications before the door module was happy with them.
  11. Z

Just wanted to add this regarding B&O light It is not directly wired to 20pin connector on door module but through a small 4pin or 2pin connector on the way. But you should be able to track it anyway with the wire color coding.
  12. Z

Sorry I will add AutoScan as soon as I get a chance. My car is RHD and has the switch on driver door but I want to add additional one on passenger door so yes retrofit.
  13. Z

The above diagram has all door lights connections. Note B&O is on 20pin connector and others are on 32pin connector. The behaviour of door handle as you describe is exactly what I found it out to be as well and as there is no other adaptation for it I would say that is how it is meant to behave...
  14. Z

Hi I have had a quick look on audi-sport posts about B&O Speaker Light and there are some people who have complained of similar issue to Audi and not getting much help. If you have MMI menu active and have Door option then normal behaviour should be as you expect, to be On with door Open and On...
  15. Z

Hi I am planning to install Locking Switch on front Passenger door. I believe I need part 8v1962107, 8K0973754A wired up, and activation for Lock switch in Passenger door module through LongCoding. Is that all I will need or there is something else I need to consider. Appreciate your help...
  16. Z

I agree with DV52. Yes B&O Speaker Light is directly wired into door module. 8V has individual pins for Ambient Light, Door Handle Light, Warning/Entry Light and B&O Speaker Light in door module. Each can be activated through Long Coding for individual door module with VCDS. Ambient in Door...
  17. Z

A3 8V Light Channel query

Hi Sorry for getting back after ages. I thought I should add info for others to read and learn. I finally got around to inspect those light channels in module 09. You are correct, they are missing physical connection and there is no actual power supply and the error is simply to say ' Stop...
  18. Z

@DV52 Thanks for reply. I don't have much technical data on the kit but here is the link 10 in 1 RGB LED Atmosphere Car Light Interior Decoration Fiber Strip Light By App Control Decorative Ambient Lamp Dashboard Lamp It was a good exercise surely, I had no intention initially to go for any...
  19. Z

@DV52 Hi Thanks for the reply. You may not agree with @Uwe but I do remember reading your very informative posts about 'lighting channels' over last few months as I was fitting ambient light kit in my A3 8V Sportback. Firstly sorry for not being clear enough. By free pins I did mean lighting...
  20. Z

Hi All Re: A3 8V PFC Anyone with better understanding of the light channels? I have managed to adapt light channels that link to ambient, Footwell and cupHolder pins and managed to change their behaviour. Anyway my query is regarding free light channels. I checked through BCM and light...
Back