Smooth Dimming Down of TailLights

zabster

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=421594
Hi

Is there a simple Light Channel Coding change that can lead to smoother (dimming effect) when TailLights power off rather than sudden turn Off.

Regards

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@zabster: Hello again!! I assume that you are referring to the car with the auto-scan HERE. If so and I'm more than happy to be advised otherwise, but I don't believe that MQB platform cars have this functionality.

However and depending on what you are attempting to achieve, I note that your auto-scan reports that the car has a RLS fitted - so the car has a LDS with an AUTO position. This means that it should be possible to add the Coming/Leaving Home function to lamps in the tail-light fittings.

Don

zabster

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=421594
@zabster: Hello again!! I assume that you are referring to the car with the auto-scan HERE. If so and I'm more than happy to be advised otherwise, but I don't believe that MQB platform cars have this functionality.

However and depending on what you are attempting to achieve, I note that your auto-scan reports that the car has a RLS fitted - so the car has a LDS with an AUTO position. This means that it should be possible to add the Coming/Leaving Home function to lamps in the tail-light fittings.

Don

Thanks @DV52 for quick reply. I was querying it in general for VAG cars that have similar light channel configuration available through their BCM.
Like the Taillight in this video link:
Also, the TailLights in this video link:
The light coding in second video is over the top, and I can understand it all How it is achieved but it is the very slow fading of TailLights that I can't work out.

I personally don't think that available Light Functions allow for that and it is probably easily achieved by adding capacitor in parallel.
And @DV52 you gave me the idea of capacitor in parallel for my ambient light project, thanks it did the magic! I noticed it also added a smoother dimming down effect.

I just wondered if there is a clever way of calling light functions with different dimming values in some sort of order like you have light channel order GH> EF> CD> AB to make it dim out smoother than it does under Coming/Leaving Home function.

Appreciate your input.