Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilu

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN1-008020
Hey I'm generally interested in working with VAG vehicles and I would like to entertain you with the following idea.
As far as I understand VCDS proprietary functionalities are done within the MCU (safe from prying eyes), so hosting emulated ECU node's reachable via the Hex-net's OBD-2 connector, product idea of the year?
I'm only asking this because I see that VCDS has all the codes and labels for hundreds of ECU's and could just pick and choose what is reachable behind those CAN pin's. ( I guess that Ross-Tech has something like this in lab to test devices against =) )

As for a developer thingy TP2.0 library and server nodes could implement it in Bosch Busmaster as it can host CAN nodes coded in cpp eg. Cheaper than working with Vector software. ( which has TP 2.0 for a fee ocourse :D )
But without a starting point I'd still be relying to work in between Hex-Net and the real deal to get a starting point, since libraries and implementations in regarding to the protocol are nowhere to be found. ( excpet for jazdw.net and a few github projects )

Would save time and money from sitting in the garage which is worldly expensive due beers consumed. But gotta start somewhere right?

Best regards; Ilari

; oh shit wrong forum

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
; oh shit wrong forum

Moved to the Bar...

iSjhVG0.gif

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Idapro Tricore or MPC plugin.........

Softing Monaco with logger on CAN/K

Etas.

Vector as aforementioned.

Read the ASAM spec.

Download free Modas Bosch and mimic the stack.......

EVC winols........

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
One does not need the ASAM spec for TP2.0. ;)

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yes KWP 2000 then on CAN.........ASAM still not bad thing to read when making UDS controllers or TP2.0 converted using the same MCU Tricore and base hardware abstract if wanting to get down and dirty with play time in the sandbox.

That's where my focus was since we know that in KW1281 we can run KWP2000 or both or even convert stuff.

I do this stupid stuff because I have to know.........but still am only playing and not building scan tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilu

Ilu

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN1-008020
Hey, thanks for the in-depth suggestions. Im working on my own telematics module, that I'm looking to replace some in-vehicle services with. So not looking to build anything remotely professional scanning tools here

Learned working the CAN whilst working on specific CAN-networks. The gateway controller from the OBD-connector had always intrigued me and frustrated me that "how does this thing work and why I'm not seeing any packets when I just put the leads on"
Correct me if I'm wrong but surfing the gateway controller now would require this TP2.0 / KWP2000 protocoling. So I guess I'm looking into industry standards here, so that I don't have to use n-transreceivers for each CAN-network, in the saloon-bus now exclusively. (like now I'm just sniffing and shouting in the bus, best way to achieve what you need)

Looks like emulation and chip reading is still kinda clunky if you don't take the "industry standards and products" -dive. I've seen some people working with WinOLS and other chiptune-gear and it's awfully time consuming. ETAS-group seems familiarish from where I already picked up Busmaster from they seem to have some starting points on which products to approach.
But as per topic just looking into all this, so asking for if this could be achieved with "what we already have" was just a idea I had, but probably not the way ross-tech is going at the moment.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back