Status
Not open for further replies.

s-express

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=98667
Hi guys - puzzled by the error message VCDS is giving me when I try to interrogate my S3 (8L - APY).

I've attached a picture for more information.
Last scanned the car November time (it has not been driven since and battery has been disconnected whilst I've been slowly doing a clutch change) it scanned fine, now I have this error message, any ideas?

Many thanks
Alex

powerram250c

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174437
Not to steal this thread but I had plugged my Ross Tech cable into a 01 Jetta with an aftermarket radio, didn't even think about it, now mine shows the same screen. I can't connect to my 04 Jetta either now. Is there a way to fix the cable after it's been through a "hot" k line?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
A hot (or cold) K-Line should not damage any Ross-Tech cable. Try it in another car please; it doesn't have to be a VW or Audi. Any car with an OBD-II socket; then [Options] -> [Test].

-Uwe-

powerram250c

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174437
Okay, I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know what I find. Thank You.

powerram250c

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174437
Okay, I think I found my problem. To be honest, I think it was just human error on my part. I tried another vehicle and it worked about the same way as it did on my 04 Jetta. I was trying to go into central electrics when I meant to go into central convenience. I've learned certain years of VW's would only let you in to certain sections of the VCDS. But when I test VCDS going through the usb port, the last thing on the "VCDS: Port Test" page is "CAN: Not Ready." Now is this normal on a 2004 Jetta TDI with the BEW engine? For some reason I was thinking before it would show "OK" along with the K1 and K2 readouts.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Okay, I think I found my problem. To be honest, I think it was just human error on my part. I tried another vehicle and it worked about the same way as it did on my 04 Jetta. I was trying to go into central electrics when I meant to go into central convenience. I've learned certain years of VW's would only let you in to certain sections of the VCDS.
As a general rule, start with an Auto-Scan. It will find all addresses that work on your particular car. After that, you'll know which ones you'll be able to open directly through the menus.

But when I test VCDS going through the usb port, the last thing on the "VCDS: Port Test" page is "CAN: Not Ready." Now is this normal on a 2004 Jetta TDI with the BEW engine? For some reason I was thinking before it would show "OK" along with the K1 and K2 readouts.
This is completely normal. Your car doesn't use CAN for diagnostics. Only newer cars do that, mostly 2008 and forward with some random exceptions.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back