'97 B4 rear passenger window down & inop from all methods of operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raenglehart

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272402
1997 B4 (U.S.) Passat TDI. The rear passenger window has always been intermittent at best, so I didn't use it. I let the wife use the car today and she said the rear passenger window was down when she came back out to the car (wherever she was). Of course rain is in the forecast and I have no where to park it under cover. I have the door card off to inspect, I've done a full scan with my genuine RossTech cable and software, but looking at all the individual areas, I don't think window control codes are available for my car model. I have checked switches by swapping them around (I had spare known good ones). I also tried the driver door key lock control and all windows worked as they should except the one in question. I'm not feeling any tick, thump, etc at the motor when trying to go up/down from any method.

With rain coming, can anyone tell me if there is a way (manually) to get the window to the up position? I've also posted on VWVortex, TDIClub, and myturbodiesel forums hoping someone has an idea.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Electric windows in the 3B-chassis Passat were not diagnostic-capable in any way. Moving this to General VW/Audi Repair.

If rain is imminent, I might resort to some plastic sheeting and tape.

I might also consider disconnecting the motor and applying some voltage to it manually in an attempt to get the window up, and once it's up, leaving it disconnected.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back