Status
Not open for further replies.

GarageBill

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=249023
Hey guys, I have a VCDS Hex-Net that is giving me some trouble. Every time I scan a car, everything works fine for a minute or so, at which time the program kicks me out of what I'm doing, says "cannot initialize" and I get 3 strong beeps from the dongle. These beeps repeat every 5 seconds or so until I unplug the unit from the vehicle. I've tried in infrastructure mode as well as AP mode, neither to any avail. When the dongle starts beeping, LED #3 (CPU) flashes red and green. LED #1 stays off, and LED #2 stays green (or orange). The only symptom I can find that matches what my unit is doing (LED #1 off) is indicative of a stuck K-line. Is this a VCDS issue? It doesn't matter which vehicle I'm scanning. I've tried everything down to a factory reset (holding red button for 45 secs). I also tried an update, as there is one available, but 3/4 of the way through the update, I get the 3-beep-flash combo and an "error -11" in the config utility. I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Your Hex-Net looks like it should have several updates to do. Have you tried updating through VCDS-Mobile with a web browser? I would try that first. Put the Hex-Net in infrastructure mode and then in a browser go to [Options] -> [Check for Updates]

GarageBill

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=249023
I can no longer connect to VCDS Mobile. I still have no LED#1, and LED#2 is solid green, indicating network connection, yet when I go to 192.168.0.1 I get a webpage not available message on my browser (regardless of which network I'm connected to). I also cannot get the VCDS to switch between AP and infrastructure mode. When it is plugged into a vehicle, LED#2 is constant green, and if I switch to AP (orange), It switches back to green and starts beeping after about 10 seconds. I can't update the software through the utility or mobile at this point. I am currently using utility V2.007.

GarageBill

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=249023
I tried updating through the utility one more time after performing a full factory reset, same issue. I get to "Downloading DS update" followed by "Getting block 228", at which point LED#3 starts flashing red and green accompanied by 3 beeps, followed by an "Error code -11" message. Is this user error? Something I'm doing wrong at this point? I followed all of the setup steps from scratch to no avail.

Thanks,

Bill

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
You've got mail.

Reactions: Uwe
Status