Hex-net won't stay in infrastructure mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

outdoor power

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241241
hello, My name is Larry, I'm trying to update the firmware on my hex-net after updating software to version15.7.2, and I am not able to get the Hex-net to stay in Infrastructure mode. I can get it to switch modes sometimes but it will never show a valid IP address or ssid in Infrastructure mode. I tried resetting the hex-net but made no difference.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Larry,

Lets gets some data. Can you plug in the HEX-NET via usb, open the java utility, and click check for updates? This will show all the versions numbers internal to the HEX-NET, Post the results. Example:
kweglSY.png

Reactions: Uwe

outdoor power

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241241
CB: 0.4123
FW: 0.214
CFB: 0.9
BL: 0.24
DS: 00000000
this is what shows in the check for updates window.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
This sounds like the hex-net is failing to connect to your router, perhaps because the password is wrong or it is out of range. How close is the hex-net to the router? What type of security does the router use, WPA or WEP? Have you tried the instructions here: HEX-NET-Getting-started-video

Reactions: Uwe

outdoor power

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241241
This sounds like the hex-net is failing to connect to your router, perhaps because the password is wrong or it is out of range. How close is the hex-net to the router? What type of security does the router use, WPA or WEP? Have you tried the instructions here: HEX-NET-Getting-started-video

Hex-net is three feet from router. router uses wpa... and password is right as far as I know. I can scan new network and connect to it, but when it brings me back to the configuration "file" page it is once again in AP mode with the same SSID as hex-net serial#.... Also if I try to toggle modes on the hex-net it will beep for 10-15 seconds but seems to stay or bounce back into AP mode. This last time I selected my network all went fine until file page flashed and it said infrastructure mode, then started beeping and didn't quite till I unplugged it from the usb port.

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
WPA is known to cause problems (something with the spec). Try switching it to WPA2 and see if it can connect.

outdoor power

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241241
sorry typo to last post it is WPA2.

outdoor power

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241241
dial tcp 192.168.0.1:80: getsockopt: connection timed out

Santos

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I suspect that HEX-NET failed. We are going to send you another with a prepaid return label. I'm going to send you a private message to confirm your address.

outdoor power

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241241
Thank-you for your help in resolving the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back