Not open for further replies.

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Hi guys.

I see threads on here where the reply is we don't know your engine code. The Options (Data) Sticker on VAG vehicles tell you a lot of info about that motor.

e.g.

vehicle_data.jpg

This engine code is BWA 147Kw and the transmission code is JLW along with the paint code under the engine number LB9A.

One half of this sticker is on the first page of the service schedule the other half will be stuck on the boot floor somewhere near the spare wheel well (depending on the vehicle). Sometimes the engine code in USA is on a sticker on the timing belt cover.

Now I've only found one useful site online where you can type in your VIN number. VAG VIN numbers the VRM number is only for UK registrations. The strange thing with this site is it shows my Engine No. CBB318883 when the engine code is CBBB. I've made an app that will shows all VAG Engine & Transmission Codes, sorry you guys will never see it as I can't upload the txt file, PM me if your interested.

On the Options (Data) Sticker you will see loads of 3 characters below No. 3 these are the things that were fitted to that vehicle when it left the factory. If you want to know what these characters mean type each 3 block character separated by a ; into VW/Audi/Seat/Škoda Option Codes Decoder. You can download the pdf file for Option Codes. VAG Option Codes if you want to browse.

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
Ok now we know where the wiki.ross-tech link is, but there is other useful info in that post.

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
Here are some additional pictures that might be helpful to folks who are not familiar with the "build sticker" and production codes.

Location of Build Sticker in Owner Manual
BuildStickerOwnerManual.jpg

Location of Build Sticker in Spare Tire Well
BuildStickerLocation.jpg

Example of a Build Sticker (Michael's Phaeton)
BuildStickerSampleMM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back