Status
Not open for further replies.

keiser501

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=196654
Next diagnostic job VW CADDY VAN 2008 RHD UK spec, No powers and earths to the DLC? would like to fix a couple of simple things on this little van to get it through the UK MOT test.
1. No rear fog (or fog warning tell-tale)
2. the sidelights (all 4) only come on when light switch is turned to headlight position. I.e if you take the key out you cannot leave it's sidelights on?

I've checked the fuses....all appear ok.

Hooked up VCDS to autoscan.....
No eobd comms because socket is dead of all activity (except for a tiny glimmer from my DLC breakout box led on pin 16?

No wiring diagrams to go on? SSP website (http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/index4_eng.php) I sometimes use doesn't give me much to go on....... Surely I can fix it and not have to send my customer to Main Stealer? any ideas? Thanks in anticipation . Jamie

I'll post up the full vehicle details tomorrow, can't post scan as no comms! Really need wiring diagram.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
No wire diagram No problem....

Put tone generator on ALDL and trace back to dead points......

keiser501

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=196654
Ok so easter came and went, I gave up on Caddy and decided to paint the workshop floors!. Loaned the owner a car and wished I'd not got involved!
Guy really can't afford the fix (unless I've overlooked something simple -hidden fuse?)which will involve dashboard strip to trace each circuit. So I'm hacking around the problem with an ugly aftermarket fog bolted to back bumper. I've told the owner that if he was to ever get a running fault he'll be stuck as there is no way of reading the DLC. .
...No that's not quite true, if I back-feed 12v INTO pin 16 the my Modis scanner can communicate, pulled up codes etc. For some reason VDCS didn't read it? Oh yes, then I broke my laptop screen (with VDCS on it), could'nt seem to download Rosstech onto another machine....glitchy internet .....am I boring you yet?

Defeated by all things electrical/digital I cleared up my workshop and ended up working a paint brush instead.

In the future I will recall this van, when I can have it for a few days and try to get to the bottom of it.
Here are the symptoms:
1. headlights (dip) and all sidelights come on with ignition on even when light switch is in OFF position. I.e All lights on with engine running, cannot be turned off.
2. Sidelights cannot be left on if ignition off or key removed. (however the indicator stalk will select lh or rh sides - as it should)
3. Light switch appears to do nothing in any situation.
4. No power on pin 16 DLC
5. No rear fog light (in UK we only need one on the RH)

It is a 2008 Caddy TDI PD engine code BLS. RHD UK spec.
Thanks for the read. Good therapy! Jamie

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
No power at DLC is almost always a blown fuse but with all the other symptoms you have there... I don't know what to say other than it sounds like someone has previously done a hack-job with that car.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back