Golf MK7 NAR - 'Transport Mode' active in controller 09? Eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
Hi Folks:

I recently purchased a Golf 7 Highline with multimedia, a Canadian car.

I note that within controller 09 (Central Electrical, 5Q0-937-087-K), an adaptation channel identified as 'Transport Mode' is listed as being active. My prior experience with Transport Mode on other VW products (Phaetons) is that Transport Mode is used to minimize electrical demand when the vehicle is being shipped from the factory to the selling dealer, and this mode is normally turned off prior to new car delivery.

In the case of my particular car, I am having great difficulty activating the SiriusXM subscription for the fancy radio (have made numerous calls to SiriusXM, etc., system stays stuck on 'Preview'), and I am wondering if, perhaps, there is a correlation between Transport Mode being active and my lack of success in activating the SiriusXM subscription.

I would be grateful if anyone who is familiar with the Transport Mode feature of the Golf 7 could provide me with some background information about this setting. I've attached a screen-shot of the controller 09 adaptation map below, showing the Transport Mode setting.

Controller 09 - Transport Mode

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
The best thing to do would be to post an auto-scan........

Have you examined all channels and maybe the transport mode is disabled in another group?
What directions were you using to activate the serial #?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Jack, we have an Auto-Scan from him, and channel maps etc.

Michael, your understanding of what Transport Mode is is correct. And indeed that's how it's set and unset in the Mk.7 platform. If it were mine, I'd certainly flip that to "Inactive" (assuming that's the other choice). I have no idea whether it will resolve your SiriusXM problem, but really don't think that channel should be "Active" either.

-Uwe-

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
Thanks Uwe, I'll flip the bit and hope that the engine doesn't fall out or similar... :)

It is interesting to note that there is a related reference to 'Transport Mode' in the Golf 7 within the CAN Gateway (controller 19), and this reference implies that there are only a limited number of kilometers remaining before transport mode self-deactivates. I have driven more than 50 km since I created this controller map, hence it will be interesting to see if Transport Mode did, in fact, self-deactivate. I'll update this thread with the results after I investigate.

Michael

Controller 19 (SW:5Q0-907-530-Q HW:5Q0-907-530-M) reference to Transport Mode deactivation

Reactions: Uwe

PanEuropean

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11844
I checked the car again this evening, now that it has 90 km total use. Transport Mode was still active, which discounts my thoughts in post #4 above. I turned Transport Mode off (via controller 09), I didn't notice any difference in the operation of the car, but I will try to activate the SiriusXM again tomorrow and see if it works this time around.

On a related note: It is murder working with adaptation channels in controller 09 of a Golf 7, there must be at least 1,000 different channels available. Is there any way to better organize the presentation of adaptation channels within VCDS? For example, is there some kind of hierarchical structure that could be imposed? Or, perhaps a 'search' feature could be developed that would enable a user to lookup a channel by searching for a keyword that exists within an adaptation channel label (such as 'Transportation')?

Michael

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I checked the car again this evening, now that it has 90 km total use. Transport Mode was still active, which discounts my thoughts in post #4 above. I turned Transport Mode off (via controller 09), I didn't notice any difference in the operation of the car, but I will try to activate the SiriusXM again tomorrow and see if it works this time around.

On a related note: It is murder working with adaptation channels in controller 09 of a Golf 7, there must be at least 1,000 different channels available. Is there any way to better organize the presentation of adaptation channels within VCDS? For example, is there some kind of hierarchical structure that could be imposed? Or, perhaps a 'search' feature could be developed that would enable a user to lookup a channel by searching for a keyword that exists within an adaptation channel label (such as 'Transportation')?

Michael

Michael: Hi again. Some sobering facts about my highline (which is of course not the same as yours - but it's similar); Total number of adaptation channels = 3,201 of which the BCM has 1,748 channels!

I find that what you are doing in your previous two posts is the best way of managing the admap channels. When I first started organising the adaptation channels for my mk7, I vacillated between using MS Access, or MS Excel. In the end, I favoured the latter application because of the ease of creating new worksheets and the more intuitive formula structure. That said, I occasionally revert to MS Access when correlating new models into my database.

If you store the data in MS Excel, you can use the "find" function to quickly go-to a particular channel that you are looking-for. Plus it's easy to cut-&-paste bits of the admap onto new worksheets where it can be used as a temporary "sand-box" if you want to experiment with a set of channels (Leuchte channels for example). The spreadsheet of the BCM for various mk7 models that I sent currently has 2,315 channels, so the CSV file that is generated by the VCDS application, really isn't practical in its native form for MBQ platform vehicles (no offense intended to RT).

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yes, I agree, this is something that could/should be improved.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back