Not open for further replies.

Andy4k6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=334192
Hi Everyone,

I need to do an auto scan on a 2014 Lamborghini Huracan and I have the professional Hex-V2 interface with unlimited Vins.

Having a look around I have found some people advising this can be done with the Hex-Net but no comments saying it works with the V2. When I purchased the V2 a couple of years ago I had the choice between the 2 and was advised they were identical apart from the WiFi, this being the case I opted for the cheaper unit which was more like my Hex+can I had previously. I assume as the V2 covers all of the current range (as per the Ross-Tech advert) it should have the same capability as the Hex -Net?

Is anyone able to confirm if this is correct or not?

If the V2 is not compatible can you please advise what the differences are between the 2 so I can decide if I should invest in the HEX-NET.

This is the first Lamborghini I have ever needed to scan and I don't imagine I will be seeing many more.

Many thanks for your help

Andy

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
The HEX-V2 does not support the Lamborghini. The HEX-NET does. The product pages on the Ross-Tech web site state this:

HEX-V2

HEX-NET

The HEX-V2 is Windows PC only running via USB wire.

The HEX-NET operates via Windows PC by wire and wireless but also running the included VCDS-Mobile, is platform independent using Wifi and a web browser.

Last edited:

Andy4k6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=334192
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your swift reply, I did look at the pages linked above but I couldn't find any reference to Lamborghini.

I think I will contact my dealer in the UK and look to upgrade, I hope you don't mind but I have a few other questions just for interest.

1. Is there a technical reason why the V2 is unable to carry out Lamborghini or is this just an additional feature of having the premier unit?

2. Are there any other vehicles which are only supported by the Hex-Net and not the V2?

Many thanks for your time

Andy

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your swift reply, I did look at the pages linked above but I couldn't find any reference to Lamborghini.

From the V2 page:
VCDS[SUP]®[/SUP] HEX-V2[SUP]®[/SUP] Enthusiast
- USB Interface -

- Limited # of Vehicles -
- VAG models 1995 to current* -

New, universal replacement for all our previous interfaces. Includes a VCDS software license and the interface you need to connect to your VW/Audi Group vehicles. Limited to either 3 or 10 different vehicles (managed by VINs), this interface and VCDS software turns your Windows® PC into a powerful near factory level diagnostic tool for the Do It Yourself Enthusiast.

Features:

• Fully licensed for VCDS software, acts as the key to unlock the software, no additional software purchase required
  • VAG model year coverage: 1995 – Current model year*
  • Fast Operation – faster on CAN based models than our older generation wired products
  • New Improved car side connector – increases durability and life
  • New Improved detachable/replaceable cable – robust 2m long USB A to USB B with a screw strain relief. USB wire has been improved to be more flexible, more durable.
  • New Electronics– incorporates a new microcontroller to allow future expansion of capabilities
  • New Enhanced indicator lamps for wide visibility by the user
    * not compatible with Routan or Lamborghini
I think I will contact my dealer in the UK and look to upgrade, I hope you don't mind but I have a few other questions just for interest.

1. Is there a technical reason why the V2 is unable to carry out Lamborghini or is this just an additional feature of having the premier unit?

Technical reason? No. Marketing reason. The V2 is our enthusiast unit. In the US we do not sell the V2 as unlimited VIN product and we do not recommend it to the professionals. The HEX-NET does everything the V2 does and more.

2. Are there any other vehicles which are only supported by the Hex-Net and not the V2?

At the present time, the answer is no. My answer does leave the door open for future hi end vehicle models (like Lambo) to be supported only on HEX-NET but no such decisions have been made as yet. For now, the V2 coverage and the HEX-NET coverage are near identical.

Andy4k6

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=334192
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for another excellent response, I have no idea how I missed that line on the V2 page, I read the page twice :facepalm:

I have spoken with my UK dealer who has advised there is no trade in offers for the V2 against the Hex-Net, that being the case our managing director will not allow me to purchase a unit in full for the very occasional time we have a vehicle that the VCDS will not cover.

I was able to read the Lamborghini with another tool we have which did a reasonable job however, VDCS would have been much better and faster for our purposes.

I will keep my eyes open for any trade in offers that come along or any new vehicles which require the Hex-Net and I will try to upgrade at that time.

Many thanks for all of your help.

Andy

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
We do not offer trade-in programs for current product. We offer trade-in when product has been obsoleted.

One could always sell the HEX-V2 and apply the proceeds towards a HEX-NET if and when demand requires/necessitates such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back