Status
Not open for further replies.

runonbeer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=38999
What am I missing? What is it that makes you think that the campaign is applicable here?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
What am I missing? What is it that makes you think that the campaign is applicable here?

Did you read what happens about a loose or faulty ground connection in both NHTSA documents or that the modules are just a plain pervasive failure due to mechanical/electrical designs purported?

Do you now see it does damage too the module entirely/internally & due to same widespread design, not just the narrow VIN range specified & can indeed create coding loss or any erroneous faults as a result impairing operation & by mere Google or forum search?

The reason I know so much about this, is I made a Federal case out of it literally & with congressional investigation, however, only to be dismissed by EPA OBD administrator & ultimately too find, I was correct in end with Diesel-Gate purported, did you know that too?

See when the cars first came here they would light up the "Engine MIL" In addition to "ABS/Brake ESP Light MIL's" too, if a problem showed itself in ABS module, you know similar to yours?

Due to this MIL for "check engine light" I made the case that it was SMOG related due to configuration of long coding being requested and faults I saw, so I reported to VW first, being denied and then EPA + Feds?

VW ultimately re-flashed the Engine controller to make the MIL be ignored, in engine controller and never publicly announced it for CVN and CAL ID change & indeed the repair manual still states in it and so did the conformity application, do you see what I was speaking of in trans controller now, Uwe did?

As you can see, I pay attention to conformity applications and software levels, in addition to useful life warranty for these reasons and the NHTSA recalls for patterns?

You may FOIA the documents if you like from EPA directly, did you know that too?

“Fault 01130 MUST have 125 shown in the 4th line of the Expanded ambient conditions to qualify for ABS module replacement and/or fault 16352 MUST have 96 shown in the 4th line of the Expanded ambient conditions to qualify for ABS module replacement under this Campaign.

Diagnosis and repair of faults other than the faults listed above will not be covered under this Campaign and should be addressed prior to updating the ABS Control Module.”

This is what makes me think that Saftey Recall 45F2 is N/A to my car. It seems pretty cut and dry that if I attempted to demand that the J104 be replaced under this warranty that not only would I be denied since I don’t really have a leg to stand on, but that the problem that I have would remain uncorrected even if I were to somehow convince them to conduct the repair.

You are wrong know why, because software and dissemination of CVN/CAL ID conformity configurations matter & does not the OBD2 light illuminate as a result of engine and transmission, does your configuration now match what is publicly disseminated? :rolleyes:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Jack, the man just wants to fix his car. The fact that you wanna stick it to VW for a failure in what's now a 10-11 year old car isn't really helping him to do that.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Jack, the man just wants to fix his car. The fact that you wanna stick it to VW for a failure in what's now a 10-11 year old car isn't really helping him to do that.

-Uwe-

I already posted stuff about tests & he asked.....
I'm more concerned with him fixing car too, getting updated new fresh module that is hopefully safer and being reimbursed too in one big ribbon tied box.

Xmas-surprise-film-2-002.jpg

Looks like I have some bad WD info or I’m just not counting pins on the ABS connector correctly but either way I think this says wiring is good.

None of the pins on the sensor end showed continuity with more than one pin at the ABS end.

OP I made this JPPSG post for you sir, please see the red highlighted.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...uot-JPPSG-quot&p=208034&viewfull=1#post208034

(4.7.5) For purposes of Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) testing, manufacturers shall make the CVN and CAL ID combination information available for all 2008 and subsequent model year vehicles in a standardized electronic format that allows for off-board verification that the CVN is valid and appropriate for a specific vehicle and CAL ID. The manufacturer shall use the most recent standardized electronic format detailed in Attachment E: CAL ID and CVN Data of ARB Mail-Out #MSC 06-23, December 21, 2006, incorporated by reference. Manufacturers shall submit the CVN and CAL ID information to the Executive Officer not more than 25 days after the close of a calendar quarter.

Here are more......

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showth...al-Problem-Solver-Guide-quot-JPPSG-quot/page6

Tone generator?
Z2HN0tfo5oy.JPG

Last edited:

dieselland

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81033
I measured continuity across the the take-off sensor I have sitting in my storage container. Despite multiple checks (and plausibility checks) continuity is immeasurable (infinite) on the maximum 200 K Ohm scale. My DMM is a high end $13 'instrument' though it's proven itself reliable over the last 10 years and has only required 1 battery replacement. Good ROI on that tool. Second guessing that reading I measured again with a much higher end scope. Also infinite. Donor vehicle had 11K miles on it and the sensors have been stored inside since being unplugged. Perhaps the sensor is bad.

I punched in the VIN from the donor car the sensor came from. The sensors are a match for the OP's Golf.

runonbeer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=38999
Well it’s fixed. Installed new speed sensors, wheel bearings and brakes. All 4 wheels now report speed. No faults. Airbag fault is also cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back