Status
Not open for further replies.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It is not clear to me what the relationship is between the those Adaptation channels and the respective Long Coding bits.

However, I don't see how this can be perceived as "bug" in VCDS, unless you expect VCDS to go and do things like tweak Adaptation Channels behind your back, without telling you, which is not something we would have it do. ;)

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I can't even count how many times a Battery Jesus answered someone's prayers.

Not to be confused with Jew Jesus either & to be clear, I'm referring to George Carlin's big Electron Jesus.

gokarty

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=401142
It is not clear to me what the relationship is between the those Adaptation channels and the respective Long Coding bits.

However, I don't see how this can be perceived as "bug" in VCDS, unless you expect VCDS to go and do things like tweak Adaptation Channels behind your back, without telling you, which is not something we would have it do. ;)

-Uwe-

Uwe, I get what you're saying. Maybe it's just my basic understanding of VCDS so pardon me, but for example, if you turn on "Parking Lights Function" in long coding, the adaptation also automatically changes from 0 to 1
Similarly, this works for multiple other long coding tweaks. It's only Channel 3 and Channel 4 that don't change. Maybe it's actually a problem with my BCM software I'm not sure

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Uwe, I get what you're saying. Maybe it's just my basic understanding of VCDS so pardon me, but for example, if you turn on "Parking Lights Function" in long coding, the adaptation also automatically changes from 0 to 1
Similarly, this works for multiple other long coding tweaks. It's only Channel 3 and Channel 4 that don't change. Maybe it's actually a problem with my BCM software I'm not sure
If Adaptation Channels change when you change Coding values, it's the module deciding to do that, not VCDS. If they don't change, it's still the module deciding to do that (or in this case, not to do that).

-Uwe-

gokarty

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=401142
If Adaptation Channels change when you change Coding values, it's the module deciding to do that, not VCDS. If they don't change, it's still the module deciding to do that (or in this case, not to do that).

-Uwe-

Aha, okay I see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back