2003 audi A6 fog lights with no low beams

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert

Reaction score
currently in my car you have to have the low beams on for the fog lights to turn on. I am wondering if its possible to just allow the fog lights to come on even if parking lights need to be on.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Lights in that car are not computer controlled, so there's no ability to modify their behavior via diagnostics.

-Uwe-

GaryM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226919
Seeing as the fog lights aren't computer controlled it will be back to the old school method. If you have a wiring diagram for the car and are handy with electrics then it shouldn't be rocket science to modify the wiring to enable the behaviour you want.

Without actually having looked at the wiring diagram, at a guess I would says it's likey that when power is supplied to the low beam bulb wires, a relay is probably also energised that provides power to the fog light switch thus allowing the fog lights to come on if the fog light switch is in the "on" position. You would just need to add a relay and some additional wiring to the side light circuit that did the same - provided power to the fog light switch when power is supplied to the side light bulb wires. This is one way I would possibly do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back