Status
Not open for further replies.

RayJuod

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=127865
Hi, I took my jetta to VW for the first 4 yearly services, but have done my own oil for the last 2, the latest being Oct 15 at 30,798 miles of this year for which I used Liqui Molly VW 502 or greater spec. I think it was about that time i started getting a service reminder which im willing to be aware of but would like to put it off for the time being. As i stated 31+k miles, my wife drives it 3 miles to work one way in town. 2 weekends ago we took it on a 200 mile trip ( 400 miles total ) on which it ran great.

I tried the 2nd option of the SRI reset back before the trip and it ended with an error, sorry i don't have a log file from that. The logfile here is from my SRI reset this morning for which i tried the third option from the drop down list. Can i get some guidance for turning off the SERVICE warning that pops up for 10 seconds on start up? It may spook my brother when he uses the car to transport my granddaughter to school while i am away. Thank you. Final note, I am super-scrupulous when i changed my oil. Except that the first time I used synthetic Mobil 1 but not VW 502 spec. My bad, I suffered through anxious days while a P0106 check light came and went. Im attributing that to oil overfill, although the oil level on the dipstick was right to the gnat's banana of the max mark. This time using liqui molly i filled it to a tad less than the max mark to prevent overflow into the MAP / MAF(?) and CAT, and then i took it on the 400 mile round trip. Ok, wish you guys a good turkey holiday and hope for a pleasant SRI reset. Thanks.

Code:
Friday,22,November,2019,05:46:08:31041
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 8.1 x64
VCDS Version: 19.6.2.0 (x64)  HEX-V2 CB: 0.4508.4
Data version: 20190930 DS308.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: 3VWDP7AJ7DM447079   License Plate: 
Mileage: 50780km-31553mi   Repair Order: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VCDS Release 19.6.2:  SRI Reset-SRI1.CLB
Control Module Part Number: 5C6 920 952 B       Labels:  .*5K0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1
Component:KOMBI         H06 0705, Coding:270A01
Operation: Please select an operation
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Channel                                                                                             	Description                                                 	Current val.                                                	New val.  
IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI                                                                         	ESI: Service Reminder Status                                	Warning active                                              	---       
IDE00510-ESI: distance driven from inspection                                                       	ESI: Distance since Inspection                              	8200 km                                                     	---       
IDE00511-ESI: time from inspection                                                                  	ESI: Time since Inspection                                  	381 d                                                       	---       
IDE00515-ESI: oil quality                                                                           	ESI: Oil Quality                                            	poor oil quality                                            	---       
IDE00517-ESI: soot entry                                                                            	ESI: Soot Quantity                                          	0 km                                                        	---       
IDE00518-ESI: thermal load                                                                          	ESI: Thermal Load                                           	0 km                                                        	---       
IDE01153-SIA: maximum value of distance to service                                                  	SIA: Maximum Distance to Service                            	16100 km                                                    	---       
IDE01154-SIA: maximum value of time to service                                                      	SIA: Maximum Time to Service                                	372 d                                                       	---       
                                                                                                    	FIX: Maximum Distance to Inspection                         	---                                                         	---       
                                                                                                    	FIX: Maximum Time to Inspection                             	---                                                         	---       
                                                                                                    	FIX: Distance since Inspection                              	---                                                         	---       
                                                                                                    	FIX: Time since Inspection                                  	---                                                         	---       
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Control Module Part Number: 5C6 920 952 B       Labels:  .*5K0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1
Operation: Reset FIX&ESI / INSP,(North America) or (Rest of World second service and later)
Channel                                                                                             	Description                                                 	Current val.                                                	New val.  
IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI                                                                         	ESI: Service Reminder Status                                	Warning active                                              	0         
IDE00510-ESI: distance driven from inspection                                                       	ESI: Distance since Inspection                              	8200 km                                                     	---       
IDE00511-ESI: time from inspection                                                                  	ESI: Time since Inspection                                  	381 d                                                       	---       
IDE00515-ESI: oil quality                                                                           	ESI: Oil Quality                                            	poor oil quality                                            	---       
IDE00517-ESI: soot entry                                                                            	ESI: Soot Quantity                                          	0 km                                                        	---       
IDE00518-ESI: thermal load                                                                          	ESI: Thermal Load                                           	0 km                                                        	---       
IDE01153-SIA: maximum value of distance to service                                                  	SIA: Maximum Distance to Service                            	16100 km                                                    	---       
IDE01154-SIA: maximum value of time to service                                                      	SIA: Maximum Time to Service                                	372 d                                                       	---       
                                                                                                    	FIX: Maximum Distance to Inspection                         	---                                                         	---       
                                                                                                    	FIX: Maximum Time to Inspection                             	---                                                         	---       
                                                                                                    	FIX: Distance since Inspection                              	---                                                         	0         
                                                                                                    	FIX: Time since Inspection                                  	---                                                         	0         

Friday,22,November,2019,05:52:00:31041
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 8.1 x64
VCDS Version: 19.6.2.0 (x64)  HEX-V2 CB: 0.4508.4
Data version: 20190930 DS308.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: 3VWDP7AJ7DM447079   License Plate: 
Mileage: 50780km-31553mi   Repair Order: 

Operation: Reset FIX&ESI / INSP,(North America) or (Rest of World second service and later)
IDE00342-ESI: Resetting ESI                                                                         	ESI: Service Reminder Status                                	Warning active                                              	---       
                                                                                                    	FIX: Distance since Inspection                              	---                                                         	---       
                                                                                                    	FIX: Time since Inspection                                  	---                                                         	---       

SIDE NOTE: During the reset process, I get several Adaptation Error message boxes asking if i would like to use 12345 which i always cancelled, and the RESET continued to completion.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Your Cluster doesn't support the FIX channels. All you need to do is the ESI Reset.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back