New user: Happy to find this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdiyugo

Reaction score
I was dumb enough to find this site after purchase of a super vag 4.8 from ebay. I find nothing anywhere with any kind of support. The thing simply does not work. I buy a lot of VW TDI's and need to be able to reprogram keyfobs, turn off auto door locks, reset engine lights, troubleshoot engine codes. And maybe a airbar light reset. I can not get this vag 4.8 to work. So do I throw it away or but the software on this site to get it to work?? I am so confused. please help. If so should I get light of full version? Thanks

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
We can't help you with that product but if you decide to purchase VCDS it should perform most, if not all, of the operations on your list. VCDS can match new remotes to most VW/Audi comfort system control modules however there are exceptions with some of the newer Immobilizer systems. VCDS however does NOT pull PINs as explained in more detail on the following page: Ross-Tech Wiki Immobilizer

Reactions: Uwe

tdiyugo

Reaction score
Thank you. I guess now I do my research on here to see which model will do best for me.

ElSupremo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=215154
If you do "a lot of VW TDI's" then your best bet is the HEX-CAN, which will work on just about everthing. The HEX-NET (wireless) is also an option, but as far as I know you'll need an active wireless (803.11x) connection for it to fully work. In your shop it should be fine (assuming you have wireless access), in the field, maybe not so much.

OP- correct me if I'm wrong.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

ElSupremo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=215154
Yep, you're wrong. The HEX-NET will also work with VCDS as a USB interface.

-Uwe-

Right, as usual. What I meant to say was that if you use the HEX-NET widget with a mobile app, you need a WiFi connection. Or something like that... I'll be quiet now.

Now what I would have said in your response was "WRONG- but thanks for playing anyway, we have a few parting gifts (fault codes?)... ;o)

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sorry, I was in a hurry when I typed the previous message. I really should have thrown a smiley or something in there. :)

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back