Status
Not open for further replies.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
my Golf 7 head unit is a Composition Media 3Q0 035 824 B, I am planning to retrofit the USB hub 5G0 035 953 D. I am a little confused with connections.
as of now (stock) I only have one USB port in the cove under the clima panel.

the hub has FOUR colored HSD connections: purple, brown, green, black, and it really does not say which one is the input and which ones are the outputs. I need only two outputs but I happen to understand they are not the same, apparently some would work with CarPlay, some just with sticks, some would only charge.

I also need HSD cables which are apparently hard to find. ETKA is not friendly with this and they would be crazy expensive at the dealer. each connector color is also a key, for that it seems that WATER BLUE will mate with all. I found some in China but I would need them earlier than 40 days.

any hint?

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
On the hub, the green HSD is the input. Others are outputs, which should be covered by Elsa schematics.

I used these cables for their cheapness. I modified (cut) the black end to fit the appropriate keying on the hub and wiring set. Also, I rotated the black connector 90 or 180 degrees (one of them) to get the proper HSD cable pinout.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc...94-4fea-95b4-530ccb7a41bd&transAbTest=ae803_5

For your Golf 7, you may need longer HSD cables. On AliExpress, they usually come with 120cm lenght (which was loo long for me). Water blue will mate with all. For me, the shipping was 2 weeks.

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
my single USB port is now green HSD, so I can replug that to the hub. sweet.

I don't have Elsa, I have WD for my VIN from Erwin and it does not say about the HSD color, they all are "T5xy, 5pin connector"

the existing USB port will be close to the hub so I will use that short cable you linked. then I'll get two more 120cm with the water blue.

thank you!

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back