Passat B6 steering rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A8R

Reaction score
Hello.I would like to change my RHD to a LHD and I was wondering if I can use a GEN2 steering rack instead of a GEN3 .The original steering rack has 1K0 909 144J this is a RHD one and the other one I got is 1K1. 909 144J.LHD . I also have the wiring for it if that is the difference. Or would it be possible to use this gen 2 rack and just swap the module(motor unit) will the torque aensor be the same.Thank you.

Viking

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151455
Are you convinced this is going to be a worthwhile venture? There's more than just moving the steering wheel, but I'd be interested in following the story if you're gonna post details online.

A8R

Reaction score
I did it once.That was a 2006 model.The one I am doing now is a 2010 CBAB engine.It’s done coded the ABS and everything but I have a GEN 2 steering rack that is giving me a torque sensor implausible error.And I am wondering if this is due to it not being GEN 3 or the rack is faulty.
Checked the measured blocks and the value on the torque sensor doesn’t change.Tried group 4 and terminal 15 is on but the voltage on relay is 8v and terminal 30 is 12.87 .when I wire the old rack(the one that was on the car the voltages in the two boxes are similar and the torque sensior value changes.Thank you.

A8R

Reaction score
Did anyone come across this sort of problem?I did some research and from awhat I can tell it’s quite common.But I want to make sure it’s the rack before I take it off again.Thanks

A8R

Reaction score
Can you please delete my account? This is a time waster.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Can you please delete my account? This is a time waster.
If you think so, there's an easy solution: Log out and don't log back in.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back