Looking for a little reassurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

iJamesPayton

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First post from me here but have been reading around the community and it all looks awesome so wanted to ask a question, please.

The other day I took my Skoda Rapid to a man who apparently was an expert with VCDS and be said he would be able to enable hill start assist on my car. However, when it was all plugged in to be honest it didn't look like he had a clue what he was doing as he kept having to Google tutorials on things, which was a little alarming.

I told him to stop and he said no problems. He said he needed to spend a little more time learning the software (confirming my suspicions).

Anyway, my worry is that as far as I am aware no changes were made... But if for example, an air bag had been disabled, would this illuminate the airbag warning on the dash?

I've has a separate person plug in the car and zero errors came up, so I am assuming all is good?

Sorry if it's a stupid question!

Thank you all

James

alectrans

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=328512
When somebody searches something on the google then you not need to worry, because a lot of peoples (even who has experience) uses Google even when the customer let the car at the service...

Not worry, on the VW-AG cars disabling airbags (at the moment) it is impossible, and it will be never possible with VCDS.
If you not experience unusual things on your car, it means that everything is good!

If I helped, please press the "Like this post" button.

iJamesPayton

Reaction score
You're a top man, thank you!

On VCDS, there are options on the first page for air bags, what kind of things does this do?

I appreciate your time, thank you

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not worry, on the VW-AG cars disabling airbags (at the moment) it is impossible, and it will be never possible with VCDS.
No, that's not correct. It certainly is possible to disable some airbags selectively, at least on some cars.

In my experience though, there is always some sort of indication on the dashboard that it has been done.

-Uwe-

alectrans

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=328512
iJamesPayton: What you seen is a list of control units, if the mechanic clicks on a control unit, then he can see the fault codes(here he can see why the airbag light is on), real values/MVB (here can see values for ex.: the resistamce of the airbags), and in the coding section can select/disable the airbags (what Uwe said), but if the mechanic changes here wrong things, then the airbag module will generate a fault code 'Incorrect/invalid coding', then the airbag light will light.

Uwe: Sorry, I mean it for disabling completely all airbags, what is 100% possible on the E8x/E9x series BMW, but the BMW coding is far not as simple ad the VW-AG coding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back