Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1228
We are an independent shop and were asked by local bodyshop to install and code a NEW Airbag module.
With vehicle on hand, VCDS Hex-Com, latest version 18.2, a New Airbag module and Old Airbag module this is what I did....

I captured the Old Airbag info....

Software coding: 00004E45

WSC: 00066

IMP: 00000

COMPONENT: 0000071

Next I installed the New Airbag module and attempted to Coded it using the above info . IT REJECTED Code error 31

Then I tried using the Long Code helper using the last digits found on the parts box "0C2". The Ross tech generated a code and I tried it utilizing the

same WSC, IMP and component info. REJECTED Code 31. I even used the WSC: 12345, IMP: 123 , Component: 12345 and REJECTED again.

Gave up and installed the OLD module , cleared codes and sent it back to the bodyshop. Now I am trying to explain to the dealer why I am sending the 2 NEW modules back (Unsuccessful coding of course)

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Have You complete Auto Scan with OLD module, maybe?

Is VCDS firstly set-up WSC etc in [Option] screen? I ask because, example:

Code:
www.Ross-Tech.com

Workshop Code: 123 23456 012345

VIN: WVWZZZ1KZCW050927   License Plate: AR019IX
Mileage: 166850km-103675mi   Repair Order:

Last edited:

CharlieV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1228
No I haven't setup the WSC, IMP or Component in the OPTION area . I just used what I found in the Original module information then later put in what was suggested during "Long Coding Help" which was "12345, 123, 12345"

The car is gone now. The light is OUT after clearing the code in the original module, but the Insurance wanted the Airbag module replaced for whatever reason.

I only scanned the code and coding info off the original module

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Nostra Jack Has Spoken

Rule amendment..........JPPSG!

Always verify that your VCDS tester has been configured in the VCDS configuration screen....... for WSC number, tester number and importer number.

If this key basic is not checked, a module may not accept a coding & which is valid.

Additionally if this function is not checked, it could cause a disruption for defaulting a control module in adaption or other security access requirements.

Be sure to do it.......

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!

CharlieV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1228
Okay … I see where you are coming from … and I did the VCDS config choosing the USB and testing the CONFIG . As for the WSC, IMP and Component Ross Tech advised me to try the 12345,123, 12345 and also try using my ZIP Code 32968,444, 86923 as well as the original 00066,00000,0000071. We have Coded other modules and this is the first time this Quirky function has come up. Anyhow I'll wait to see if you or anyone else have other suggestions. The car is gone and the light is out (old module).

Have you used the New HEX-NET Beta yet? I am thinking an Upgrade

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
Of course, thanks to Uwe and Ross Team :thanks:, have V2 and Hex Net too far before they were available on the market in Europe. :cool:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Did you order the replacement airbag modules by VIN?

The old module's coding implies the old module has an index / color code rather different that the 0C2 index / color code you tried to install.

I'm with Boki; I would really like to see full data from the old module.

-Uwe-

CharlieV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1228
We gave the dealer all the info including the OLD part number and they informed us that the module had been superseded many times and that the NEW module was the lastest part number. Also I had the box in hand for the coding ending in 0C2. The car is gone now and I will be more careful next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back