Not open for further replies.

vaggaz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156718
Hi
I have recently purchased a hex-can v1 and have just started using it at work. I am trying to reset service reminders on fairly new Skoda's but all I am getting is North American options. Is there anyway to change this for the UK market?
Thanks
Gary

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The reason those jobs are labelled "North America" isn't because they won't work in other parts of the world, it's that using them may not meet the manufacturer's warranty requirements in other places. So the question is: How new are these cars and are you signing off that everything has been done to the manufacturer's specs when you service them?

-Uwe-

vaggaz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156718
The reason those jobs are labelled "North America" isn't because they won't work in other parts of the world, it's that using them may not meet the manufacturer's warranty requirements in other places. So the question is: How new are these cars and are you signing off that everything has been done to the manufacturer's specs when you service them?

-Uwe-

Ok thanks for reply Uwe.
I actually work at a dealership and although we have ODIS I found vcds a lot easier to use and a lot quicker. Vehicles are still under warranty most of the time and the ones that I tried resetting were less than 3 years old.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Ok thanks for reply Uwe.
I actually work at a dealership and although we have ODIS I found vcds a lot easier to use and a lot quicker. Vehicles are still under warranty most of the time and the ones that I tried resetting were less than 3 years old.
In that case, I cannot recommend using the "North America" choices. I'm confident they will get the warning off, but they make not make the appropriate adjustments to the intervals that are sometimes called for by the factory, particularly on the first service of a certain type (first oil service, or first inspection service). Better to use the factory tool and let it run its fancy scripts.

-Uwe-

vaggaz

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156718
In that case, I cannot recommend using the "North America" choices. I'm confident they will get the warning off, but they make not make the appropriate adjustments to the intervals that are sometimes called for by the factory, particularly on the first service of a certain type (first oil service, or first inspection service). Better to use the factory tool and let it run its fancy scripts.

-Uwe-

Ok thanks will just use on the older stuff for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back