Not open for further replies.

aqxavier

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=152022
Hi,

Anyone know how to bypass the code of the country or region of the map loaded in Discover Pro for the recognition of traffic signs work?
I've got work to do, but without loading the maps.
I saw the list of adaptations exist some functions to ignore but when attempting to encode for example

Adaptation "Country_Code_Signal_Consideration_Active" says the VCDS would by "out of range"

Adaptations A5 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wihqp3l0irgw1ro/adpmap-a5-5Q0-980-653-F.CSV?dl=0
Adaptations 5F - https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0n9pm1nfkywue5/adpmap-5f-5G0-035-045-B.CSV?dl=0

Regards,
Alexandre

aqxavier

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=152022
I did the activation of the Road sign recognition, but does not appear any sign ...
The MFD always displays this message.
Anyone have any tips ??

1kjIrm.jpg

TDIjeff

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=207789
Does your car have the high resolution forward facing camera ?
The standard low resolution one used for rain and light levels can not do sign and lane recognition.

elephantacos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266521
Ive been wondering if this was possible. I came across some hardware a while back for this feature, and couldnt figure out what its purpose was.

bbelhumeur

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247313
Ive been wondering if this was possible. I came across some hardware a while back for this feature, and couldnt figure out what its purpose was.

How would this work in the USA, as we don't use standard international road signs?

elephantacos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266521
How would this work in the USA, as we don't use standard international road signs?

That was my other question, I figured it wouldn't, but I was more curious if it actually required additional hardware or if its just purely VCDS.

bbelhumeur

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247313
I think I remember sering a coding interface for TSR (automatically codes the correct modules) on Kufatec the other day. Maybe that's what you saw?

DiegotheCat

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=76260
Iv tried this but it doenst work in Australia, Im pretty sure it only works in western europe as the drop down menu suggests.

Shame tho

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Iv tried this but it doenst work in Australia, Im pretty sure it only works in western europe as the drop down menu suggests.

Shame tho

Diegothecat: G'day M8!

Here in the land down-under (where women glow and men chunder!), I use the traffic sign facility via the SATNAV. It appears to be the same information as in the pictures in the previous posts (i.e. speed limits) - mostly the data is accurate albeit, there have been a few instances where the SATNAV has been incorrect. Are you able to access this on your car? I don't have the front facing camera on my car, but byte 24, bit 6 -address 5F is set as per the screen-shot below (byte 5, bit 2 - instrument is NOT set)
Don
3JebmgK.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

AMBSC

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=233374
This is a very complicated topic.

It seems that A5-front assist module has an adaptation channel called something like "region_code_consideration", and it's "activated". Everytime you try to change to "not activated", the answer is "request out of range". I think it's blocked.

In the 5F-Infotainment module, in the long coding helper, there's a byte/bit (can't remember now the number) where you choose the "region" the car is running - north/central america, south america, japan, africa, europe, etc. If I change the region for "Europe", the TSR starts to work, but the navigation stops working - it says to introduce valid data. Any other region I choose (NA or japan, v.g.), either the TSR and the navigation won't work.

It makes sense, as my car manual says that Traffic Sign Recognition is only available (or maybe "legal") in some European countries.

So, it seems to me that the A5 module, where the camera functions are loaded, "demands" the 5F module which "region" the car is set to be running. On the other hand, the 5F module reads some file(s) from the uploaded map paste in order to verify if the loaded maps are from the "region" the 5F module is set to.

By now, the only way I can imagine making TSR work outside Europe is 1) unblock the adaptation in module A5 and set it to "not activated", so the module won't ask 5F module for the region code (don't know if this is possible), or 2) set 5F region to Europe, find out which map files this module access in matter of verifiying if the maps match the region for which the module is set and somehow "change" these files to "cheat" the 5F, telling the module the maps are from Europe - when they actually are from NA, SA, Japan, Australia, etc. :D I'm not IT expert, but maybe this could be possible.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Have you tried security code 20103 in A5 before changing adaption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back