HC800000
Nice. You're officially an animal :)

Other_Erik

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=192416
So you have a short piece of rail that someone mounted. Have you taken it off? Maybe the tapped holes are fine but the screws are loose or the rail rocks because the contour doesn't match the top off the receiver.

Not quite. The rear receiver cover was replaced by the previous owner with one that has a pic rail integrated. The pic rail is rock solid to the receiver cover, but the receiver cover is NOT solid to the rest of the frame. Someone who's done SKS builds (read: not myself, and apparently not the previous owner) will probably be able to point me to exactly what I need to do to snug the receiver cover to the frame, but I'm not confident enough to just pull it apart (and probably lose every spring in the process) and tinker with it...

O_E

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I finally had a chance to finish unpacking from my trip to the free parts of America last weekend. As has been said before, New Yorkistan has laws that prohibit owning most categories of military-style rifles - including the M4, AR15, and AK47. When I saw this on the shelf in a free state with nothing stopping me from buying it, I couldn't leave without one:

ABA26778-73B9-4515-A3E0-D2B44EBB967B_zpsc6ju1d1o.jpg

Like legos for adults, I already bolted on a tactical flashlight and red/green dot scope..... :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
When I saw this on the shelf in a free state with nothing stopping me from buying it, I couldn't leave without one:
How about a picture taken with lighting so we can see what it actually is?

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
How about a picture taken with lighting so we can see what it actually is?

So governor no-no and his minions can come take it away?!?!? :facepalm:

It was made by one of the last gun manufacturers that still has their headquarters in New Yorkistan.....

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
I did a fun drill last night at the indoor range. I had modified the magazines from my 4" Springfield XD 9mm to work in my 16" Marlin Camp 9 carbine (the slot I cut doesn't interfere with still using them in the XD). So I loaded 11 rounds, shot the right target 5 times with the pistol as fast as allowed (the range yells at you if you shoot more than 1 round per second) then I dropped the mag (leaving one round in the XD), stuck the same mag in the carbine and took 5 shots just as fast at the target on the left. I did a little better on my second try (bottom). It's handy having two different type of firearms that take not only the same ammo but the same mags as well. These were 124 gr JHP reloads that run about 100 fps faster out of the carbine than they do from the pistol (much dirtier from the blowback-operated carbine as well):

qvu98B8.jpg

As Clint Smith from ThunderRanch said "A handgun is for shooting your way to your rifle."

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As Clint Smith from ThunderRanch said "A handgun is for shooting your way to your rifle."
A 9mm carbine is no rifle. :p

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
I have to agree with Uwe. Clint meant "a man's rifle". One that can shoot through car doors and stud walls with efficiency.

50 grains at 2700 is pretty impressive, but that has to be some very high pressure stuff.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
I have to agree with Uwe. Clint meant "a man's rifle". One that can shoot through car doors and stud walls with efficiency.

Like this?

iLHW9sY.jpg

Thanks CMP. :)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
http://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/peace-through-pork-jihawg-defensive-ammunition/#axzz41y1lGTIv

[h=3]Editors Note: 1/13/2015 it seems Jihawg Defensive Ammunition has closed it doors and is no longer available.[/h]New Ammunition Forces Jihadist’s to Choose Peace.
Jihawg-Ammunition-Logo.jpg
Jihawg AmmunitionDALTON GARDENS, Idaho –-(Ammoland.com)- Jihawg Ammo today announced release of the industry’s first truly defensive ammunition.
Not only does Jihawg guarantee that all of their ammunition meets or exceeds S.A.A.M.I. standards for velocity, penetration, and accuracy, they also coat each projectile with a special ballistic paint infused with pork to make it “Haraam” or unclean to a radical Jihadist.
This makes Jihawg Ammo the only commercially available ammunition with the added deterrent factor of eternal damnation for fundamentalist Islamic Jihadist.
Now Americans can defend themselves, their families, their communities, and their country from Muslim terrorists. Jihawg Ammo is the first product that provides a natural deterrent, promotes peace and yet provides maximum protection when used in a defensive posture.
Muslim tradition provides that a warrior who dies while waging “holy war” or Jihad on Infidels, Jews or Christians, attains entry into paradise where he will be serviced by 72 virgins. Jihawg Ammo nullifies that plan by making its ammo “Haraam” or unclean. The Koran denies paradise to anyone who is “unclean.” Under Muslim law, the slightest contact with pork or pork products, regardless of the circumstances, makes one unclean and ineligible to ascend to paradise.
According to Jihawg Ammo this makes Jihawg doubly lethal.

Jihawg-Ammunition-9mm-Ammo.jpg
Jihawg Ammunition 9mm Pig Tainted Ammo​

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Breaking local news here in New Yorkistan. Our county government has finally done something logical, and dropped the catch-22 requirement to purchase/own a pistol before applying for the license to even touch one! Of course, I submitted my paperwork last month, so it happened a month too late to help me..... :(

http://www.recordonline.com/news/20160305/oc-sheriff-smooths-handgun-permit-rules

O.C. sheriff smooths handgun permit rules

GOSHEN – Orange County has changed pistol permit rules to smooth the process so handgun buyers get their permits first, and then buy the guns, instead of starting the purchasing process, applying for permits, and then completing the sale.

A release issued Friday by the Sheriff’s Office says, “The purchase of a handgun prior to submitting an application for a gun permit is no longer required, effective immediately.” The sheriff called the change a “commonsense approach to the gun-permit process.”

In the release, Sheriff Carl DuBois said under the old rules, an applicant for a handgun permit was required to “tentatively purchase” a handgun, and then wait for the pistol permit process to conclude before taking possession.

Dubois said most gun sellers charged buyers “substantial down payments,” and some charged holding fees. And, the sheriff said, some applicants, if they were denied a pistol permit, received only store credit instead of a full refund.

In the release, DuBois also said, “I continue to support the right of law abiding citizens to obtain pun permits.” He also said he “strongly encourages” gun permit holders to become proficient with their handguns through “appropriate training.”

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I'll just leave this sad photo of a New York State "SAFE Act" neutered AR-15 here. Please don't "like" the post..... :(

Slider-2.jpg

Back