Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
I've been walking past my cable and box for weeks now (moving, swinging car deals, etc). Today I wanted to turn some wrenches and decided to start with my woman's Touareg. It's still new to us, and there have been a few things I could do to earn some happy points.

Downloaded and installed the software
Hooked up to the car
No engine or transmission fault codes

Proceeded to disable the "nav acceptance" screen, kill the seat belt chime and clear out the TPMS warning - all things that have annoyed the princess since we got the car.

No need to lecture over the seat belt warning, please. We wear belts. There's just an in&out 50' cycle in our day at 2mph and not listening to the bell is bliss.

So cool to be able to make these tweaks without having to be corn holed by a dealership.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Some of this stuff, like disabling the seat belt chime, the dealership probably won't do at all.

-Uwe-

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
the dealership probably won't do at all.

And can undo them with SVM from what I understand.
Yet another reason to keep a copy of coding and scans :D

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
Okay, so one side effect. The car shows km, centigrade, military time instead of good old US units. I got the code to change it from the clubTouareg forum in the VAG-COM tweaks thread.

Now that I look at it, the code to kill the seatbelt chime is the same as the units. Any suggestions?

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
Now that I look at it, the code to kill the seatbelt chime is the same as the units. Any suggestions?

Was it a region change that turned off the chime (e.g. NAR to ROW or Canada) ?
According to this it's just an additive coding, but may require region to take effect.

Post up your before and after coding and someone will figure it out.

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
Thanks Jake. It does appear from this thread where I scammed the code change that it is a region change.

Right here from this thread on page 1 you can see the trap I fell into:
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...aks-for-the-touareg-t1-2004-2007-a-22216.html

Post #1, scroll down to "seat belt chime". My beginning code was in fact 0007231 as given in the example. Subtracting 2 (seat belt chime) from the fourth digit gives me 0005231. Since I also wanted to kill the Nav acceptance, I also did the 5th digit change, which now that I read the thread carefully clearly says "region change". Europe =1, US =2.

So I ran code 0005131 and thought "hey, I'm a friggin genius". Well I'm something alright.

I didn't notice the metric change until we were on the road yesterday but recalled reading the part in post #4 of the same thread above. Dude had his car go metric on him and the next post is someone saying "just redo the part where it says metric", to which he responds that he just paged down enough to see it and viola, he's all okay.

That scrolling down part is eluding me. My woman hates that chime a lot more than she hates metric readouts, but I just know at some point she's going to realize that jacks with most of the gas mileage range functions and she doesn't exactly love math.

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
That scrolling down part is eluding me.

Aha, it's called an MFI on a VW.
Was thinking there was a setting somewhere but wasn't sure what it's called.
Same scenario happened to me on my last Audi.

No idea on the scrolling... not familiar with the MFI interface unfortunately.

she doesn't exactly love math.

Bah, who's got time to convert; just use metric, I do :p

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
Ah, the light just came on for me. Wasn't sure what MFI was, but now I'm all set up except for one final detail.

The radio display does that ultra cool modern thing where it puts the name of the artist and song title up in the display. What it just started doing is strange though. It replaced the station names on the hot keys along the sides, for example one now says "Maroon 5" where it used to have the station name. I've tried a few things to kick it loose, but all I can get it to do is refresh the station name with the name of what ever song is currently playing.

Suggestions?

jakematic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=129085
I've tried a few things to kick it loose

[snip]
Suggestions?

Stop kicking the MFI :p

I've no idea how the VW interface works, am familiar with MMI on Audi.

Post up a complete Auto-Scan and maybe I can reverse engineer the coding.
Or some smarter person than me may come along with a solution in the interim....

Flaps10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219700
Wow, thanks. I'm bouncing back and forth between the Touareg and the boxster. I'll get that log up tomorrow night

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
IIRC, it's the cluster coding. Coding the cluster for RDW gets rid of the Nav Acceptance screen, but has the side effect of making lots of things metric.

Sorry, it's a nutty week for me.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back