Status
Not open for further replies.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The ABS fault code is just the ABS module telling you it's aware that there are faults in the engine.

-Uwe-

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
Hi Uwe,
Understood. So perhaps its a cycle/process in how the ecu recognizes fault codes...?

In chronological order:
Reset all the fault codes - drive it for an hour - all the fault codes come back - car still idles normally - a week or two passes of the car sitting in the garage and the ABS fault kicks in and triggers sporadic revving and little to no throttle response.

This has happened with the last two ecus. (in the same fashion)

Tomorrow is a new start with a new stock ecu. Will then commence mechanical trouble shooting :)

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
one more burning question that is in my mind. Are ecu's from the U.S and Canada interchangeable?

Have been using ecu's from America in my car that was sold and spec'd for Canada.

thx

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I believe they are, yes. However, the right way to determine what the correct ECU for your car is would be an official parts catalog, either at the dealer, or PL24.

-Uwe-

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
A VW dealership local to me has indicated that my car was born with a part# 06A 906 032 HS ecu.

We've been ordering the ecu's from the states with the part#.

All ecu's have had fault codes but I don't think it's the ecu, it's likely the car has mechanical issues that are triggering them.

Last edited:

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
Gentlemen, The last two ecu's I purchased and had shipped from two different auto wreckers in North America have turned out to both be tuned with Revo Software (even though both wreckers assured us they were stock and unmolested). For obvious reasons both these ecu's are useless. My car was born with a 06A 906 032 HS ecu. The search for an 'HS' is proving difficult. LP's seem much more common. Would I be able to successfully adapt and maintain the 06A 906 032 LP ecu to my car? If so, would 'NK' & SK' work as well?
Does anyone have any information on what the different two letters at the end of the part# mean? I heard that HS is the oldest, LP is newer and SK is the newest.

My car is a 2002 VW GTI, 1.8T gasoline, 5 spd-MT, AWP

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
How about you send me all your cores for testing?
If there is something wrong I will let you know.

I will try to help come up with a solution because I appreciate that you came here from the other forum.

How does that sound?

How is your battery health static, with ignition key on.......all other consumers switched off .........engine not running, logging with VCDS after 10 minutes?

Mari

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=150535
Gentlemen, The last two ecu's I purchased and had shipped from two different auto wreckers in North America have turned out to both be tuned with Revo Software (even though both wreckers assured us they were stock and unmolested). For obvious reasons both these ecu's are useless.

A dealer is able to put back the standard software in the ECU.

The software of the ECU in my car is changed (for better performance). The tuner gave me a backup on DVD of the original software (they have also a backup!). If needed this software can be put back into ECU.

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
Battery is fine. Can't ship the ecu's to you. sorry.

Do you have info: If an LP ecu will work in my car. Are LP's & HS's & NK's & SK's interchangeable? (06A 906 032 ((HS, LP, NK, SK))

thanks.

How about you send me all your cores for testing?
If there is something wrong I will let you know.

I will try to help come up with a solution because I appreciate that you came here from the other forum.

How does that sound?

How is your battery health static, with ignition key on.......all other consumers switched off .........engine not running, logging with VCDS after 10 minutes?

Last edited:

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
Yes, we have the flashing tool. The stock flash file was put back in (numerous times). What I was trying to say is that it doesn't matter. Once the ecu is flashed, it seems that it is never truly stock again; no matter how many times you flash it back to stock.

Again, I was asking the question; Are LP's interchangeable with the HS, NK & SK?

thanks.

A dealer is able to put back the standard software in the ECU.

The software of the ECU in my car is changed (for better performance). The tuner gave me a backup on DVD of the original software (they have also a backup!). If needed this software can be put back into ECU.

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
Looks like the ecu for my car is 06A 906 032 LP, but was originally born with an 06A 906 032 HS. I think the 'HS' version has been superseded by the 'LP'.
:)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yes, we have the flashing tool. The stock flash file was put back in (numerous times). What I was trying to say is that it doesn't matter. Once the ecu is flashed, it seems that it is never truly stock again; no matter how many times you flash it back to stock.

Ahhhh ahhhhh ahhhh

Nope............. other than burn count or if the x-sum of your file is maybe........... fubar.

Yes the HS goes to LP in the etka but you could of asked a dealer that question and should have.

That ecu is also retailed at over 900 USD..........

You will achieve nothing by continuing this diagnostic path because it is pointless.

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
Hi, I did ask the dealer. I spoke to a guy there that sounded like he had been on the job for about 3 hours. He did not convey any confidence with the information he was telling me. That is the reason I came on hear; to ask these questions to seasoned professionals. I can't fork out the cash for a new ecu, however I will find another one through the auto wrecker. They're much cheaper there. I don't mind installing a used ecu for an eighth of the cost. They have worked well in the past. Just the last two we've ordered have been tuned. Found an LP ecu that's stock. Will install soon and then start the mechanical diagnoses. I strongly feel that it will be non productive to diagnose the mechanical issues with the current ecu (been tuned before). Need to start fresh with a stock ecu.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
STOP!

Just have them flashed to stock and checked out.................if they are damaged, it may give insight to what is wrong in the car verse installing another ecu and damaging it again.................. since you have an obvious sporadic condition.
Look at the old damaged ones.........what is happening?

Respectfully your diagnostic path is very poor and should be rethought..............

Send me the old units or at the very least the stock file you have been using for flashing to see if it is consistent.

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
There is a wiring problem in the car. Replacing wires.
Different question;
I installed a double din monsoon cd player from a 03' Passat (found it at a wrecker over a year ago). Part # 1JM 035 157K.
Since the 2003 vw's are based on a can bus system, would and could the stereo wreak havoc on my car (2002 gti 1.8t)?
I'm quite certain my car has ISO-9141

30secondgti

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=165152 (NRRT)
Jack, thought I'd throw you a message regarding the car and give and update. Wiring turned out to not be the problem. The monsoon deck appears to not be the problem either. We replaced throttle body with a good used one. Fault codes for throttle actuator seem to be gone. It seems the throttle body went bad. We opened it up and looked at a few of the moving parts. Nothing seemed too out of place. Probably something on the motherboard/ electrical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back