Are these the correct terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Are these the correct terminals to connect to my 2014 passat door controllers to add door warning lights

- From the looks of it, they do not look correct, I maybe wrong, to be sure I would go to the Volkswagen dealer and tell the you want a 'repair wire' for the door warning lights.

The repair wire comes with two terminals on each end of the repair wire (yellow), per-crimped and ready to use. So you would need purchase 'two wires' (four connectors) for two lights.

I use them all the time, they even make ones with the gold ends, just take the part number and add an [A] on it...

Standard terminal - [000 979 019 E]
Gold end terminal - [000 979 019 EA]

(I think these are the actual part numbers, but I would double check with the parts department)

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
OP

In addition to Peters post!

And buy some colored heat shrink to slip over all yellow wires to identify the wires based on the wire and WD.
or
At the very least buy colored vinyl electric tape to do it.

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!

Stop FOD! ...........Give Before it Hurts!

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^ I often use the connectors in this form - you get two connectors in the one cable, but they are still over-priced (IMO)!

TYItV5g.jpg

Don

chillout1983

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=162783
A bit of background I ordered door warning lights from bold sport I fitted the drivers side doors then went to fit the passenger side door however the 2 harnesses I had left each had the terminals drpeter has listed ,the first 2 had the terminals as shown on the
Repair wire I can only assume some VAG cars use different terminals on front and rear.

Cheers

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
A bit of background I ordered door warning lights from bold sport I fitted the drivers side doors then went to fit the passenger side door however the 2 harnesses I had left each had the terminals drpeter has listed ,the first 2 had the terminals as shown on the
Repair wire I can only assume some VAG cars use different terminals on front and rear

- If these parts / lights you have are real VW/Audi parts, they will have part numbers on them.
Contact your local dealer parts department, if they know how to use the parts system to look up connectors/wires, they should be able to source the connectors and wires you need.

Having the right parts to do the job is a good feeling... I added foot-well lighting to my Audi A3 (8P) with the yellow repair wires and salvage yard lights, still working ;)

drpeter

Alfonso

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295901
hi, those connectors are ok but only for front doors, for rear door the connector are different,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back