Pete

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=243184
Hi,

My name's Pete, I'm UK based.

I have a registered copy of VCDS Lite, which I have used on a few vehicles including the 9N Polo and Mk1 Fabia that are in our family's ownership.

Thanks to Ross-Tech for producing such a great tool. :)

I do have a technical query about what happens (within the engine ECU) during adaptations of some components, but I'm not sure which forum area would be best to post such a query. Guidance welcomed. :)

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I do have a technical query about what happens (within the engine ECU) during adaptations of some components, but I'm not sure which forum area would be best to post such a query.
There's no single pat answer to this question. In cases where the component has an actuator and position feedback sensors, the ECU learns a correlation between the motor and the sensors.

-Uwe-

Pete

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=243184
Thanks Uwe.

If I were talking about an electric EGR valve on a 2003 9N Polo (BBY engine code), would that just be the ECU learning/saving the limit values of the potentiometer feedback then?
Someone suggested to me that there might be learned MAP sensor values that are also reset to some factory calibration by the procedure?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As we do not have source or even detailed specs for the code running in your ECU, it's not really possible for us to give you authoritative answers to these questions.

-Uwe-

Pete

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=243184
OK, thanks for the rapid answer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back